Terms + Conditions
- Christmas Returns Policy
- Delivery Charges - UK Mainland
- Delivery Charges - Europe and Rest of the World
- Delivery Times
- Service Plans
- Gift Vouchers
- Order confirmation
- Back orders
- Returned goods by post - no hassles promise
- Price Match Policy (UK ONLY)
- VAT charges
- Internet credit card facility
- Specification and pricing
- Safety statement
- Statutory rights
- Contact us
- Deal Hub Promotion
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (WEEE)
Christmas Returns Policy
We want you and your loved ones to be happy with your Christmas presents. We have therefore extended our returns policy: Orders placed between the 19th November 2014 and December 25th 2014 can be returned any time before January 31st. Normal returns conditions apply - see Returned Goods by Post for further details on this.
- Free delivery on all sale products applies to UK mainland addresses only.
- Sales items are sold on a first come first served basis.
- We cannot guarantee stock availability until the point of despatch. If an item is sold out we will endeavour to contact you within 72 hours.
- In our endeavour to constantly review what we do in store and remain as competitive as possible we have decided to sell Sale bikes at their reduced price on Cycle scheme.
- We only charge your account at the point of despatching the goods to you.
- Orders placed using Paypal will be debited at the time the order is taken.
- Service Plans can only be taken out for bikes bought from Cycle Surgery from 28th March 2011 onwards.
- Service Plans can be purchased for a new bike either at the time the bike is purchased or up until six weeks afterwards (proof of purchase must be shown before a service plan is purchased if not when the bike is bought).
- Each Service Plan has an expiry date – 12 months for Plan 1, 18 months for Plan 2 and 24 months for Plan 3.
- Service Plan vouchers are non-refundable and non-replaceable.
- One Service Plan voucher must be redeemed at each service time. Plan 1 has one voucher; Plan 2 has two vouchers and Plan 3 has three vouchers.
- Our Service Plans do not cover the cost of parts, servicing suspension units, hydraulic brakes or de-greasing parts.
- Service Plans cannot be bought as part of a Tax Free Cyclescheme or Cycle scheme voucher spend.
- Service Plans cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and must not be discounted.
The prices in our catalogue and web site include VAT and are accurate at the time of publishing. However, situations may occur where prices are incorrectly quoted as a result of circumstances beyond our control. In these situations you will be informed of the correct or revised price once your order has been received by us, and should you not wish to purchase the product at that price we will cancel that part of the order. In-store all items have a price tag attached which reflects the current retail price for that particular item. Errors and omissions excepted.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Switch and Amex (Amex in-store only). We do not charge for any item until it is ready to ship. Backordered items are not charged until they are shipped. You may send your credit card information via phone, fax, post or using our secure internet site. If you are shopping from outside the UK, place your order and your credit card company will convert the transaction to your own currency.
We offer a range of 0% finance options on full priced items above £400. For further information please call your nearest store, call 0800 298 8898 / 0044 (0)1483 445355 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not offer 0% finance on sale products or in conjunction with any other offer.
CycleSurgery sterling gift vouchers are available to buy in-store and online and on the website. They can only be redeemed in our UK stores. Euro gift vouchers are available only from our Dublin store, and can only be redeemed in the Dublin store. We regret that we are not able to redeem any vouchers online and they can only be redeemed through Cycle Surgery stores and mail order.
Gift vouchers will expire 12 months after purchase or last activity. Lost vouchers cannot be replaced. Gift Vouchers and Credit Notes are non-refundable.
We will send you an email to confirm that we have received your order, then once all the goods are ready we will send a second email to confirm we have sent your goods.
Delivery Charges - UK Mainland
Delivery to UK mainland addresses is free for orders over £20.
As of 19th August 2013, we have applied a postage charge of £1.99 for all UK mainland orders under £20
Please note that charges still apply to Highlands and Islands addresses (including Channel Isles) as detailed below:
- Highlands, Islands + Northern Ireland (inc. Channel Isles): Bikes up to £649.99 - £15.00
- Highlands,Islands + Northern Ireland (inc. Channel Isles): Bikes of £650 and above - FREE
All other items
- BFPO addresses: orders up to £50.00 - £3.95
- BFPO addresses: orders of £50.01 and above - FREE
- Highlands + Islands (inc. Channel Isles): orders up to £50.00 - £3.95
- Highlands + Islands (inc. Channel Isles): orders of £50.01 and above - £15.00
- Any UK Address: Gift Vouchers - FREE
Delivery Charges - Europe and Rest of the World
|Country||Cost for bikes||Cost for other items|
|Republic of Ireland, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, France, Germany||£30.00||£15.00|
|Italy, Denmark, Portugal, Spain, Austria, Finland, Sweden||£40.00||£25.00|
|Switzerland, Norway, Romania||£55.00||£45.00|
|Greece, Bulgaria, Czech Rep, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia||£65.00||£50.00|
Rest of the World
Bikes to the rest of world: £190
For the cost to send other items, please see the table below:
|Item(s) Value||Zone A-B||Zone C-D||Service|
|£0 - £75.00||£15.00||£35.00||Royal Mail International|
|£75.01 - £250.00||£50.00||£70.00||International Courier|
|£250.01 - £500.00||£80.00||£100.00||International Courier|
|£500.01 +||£100.00||£120.00||International Courier|
Overseas delivery charges are based on country and weight. Additional local duty and taxes may be required to be paid in certain countries to enable receipt of the goods.
Note that for some brands of product we are unable to offer international delivery or delivery to particular countries due to trade agreements (e.g. Specialized outside of Europe). Should an order be received where we cannot deliver we will contact you. You will not be charged prior to this.
For more information please click here, call us on freephone 0800 298 8898 or email us at: email@example.com
Delivery of orders to UK addresses typically takes 1 - 3 working days from when the order was placed, if the item is in stock in our warehouse.
Addressee signature will be required on delivery or, if not in, a neighbors signature will be taken if available and a card left with the addressee.
Bicycle delivery times are typically 2-3 workings days from dispatch.
If the item is not in stock in the warehouse, but is in one of our stores, delivery typically takes 3-5 working days.
The delivery period for sale items may be extended by 1 or 2 working days.
Delivery to Europe typically takes 3 - 5 working days from dispatch.
Delivery to the rest of the world can take longer depending on where the parcel is headed.
Should your parcel show signs of damage on receipt from the courier, please make a note of this on the courier’s documents or if possible take photographs of the damaged areas. This will assist in any claims which may occur at a later date.
Occasionally, the item you've ordered may be on back order from the supplier. If this is the case, you will be contacted by phone or email with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Returned goods by post - no hassles promise
Please send returns for orders placed through www.cyclesurgery.com to:
Tel:0800 298 8898 / 0044 (0)1483 445355
Fax:01483 445 321
If the item received is not quite as expected, the easiest and quickest way to receive an exchange is to visit the website, check availability and place a new order. Then complete the returns form and return the unwanted item for refunding.
The item must be received back at Cycle Surgery Returns Department within 21 days: in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will be actioned within 3 week days from receipt.
In most cases, our stores are now able to refund for orders placed via cyclesurgery.com. Cycle Surgery orders can only be refunded at Cycle Surgery shops.
The 21 days start from the day of despatch, but as a minimum includes a period of 7 working days from the day after delivery to you as the permitted cancellation period. This would not apply for special orders taken on behalf of the customer. We recommend that items being returned be sent via insured, trackable delivery for your protection. Please note: all return postage charges to be met by customer, unless returning due to a fault. Please note all warranty returns must be clean and free from dirt and mud to comply with the current Health and Safety Regulations. Note: DVDs, videos, books and safety equipment are non-exchangeable and non-returnable unless incorrect or defective. All of the above does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
For items outside of the size/weight conditions stipulated below by Collect+, then the above returns process is to be followed.
You can now return your item to us via one of over 5,000 UK Collect+ shops
- Collect+ locations are generally open early until late 7 days a week
- This service can be used for items up to 10kgs and a package size of 50x30x30cms (cabin bag size), for a fixed price of £4.49. Payment by credit/debit cards and Paypal.
- Returns generally take 3-5 working days to reach us and a further 2 working days for us to process.
- Please visit www.collectplus.co.uk/cyclesurgery to book and print a returns label and find your local Collect+ store
- Once you have printed the label please check the bar code is clear and then fix securely to the external packaging.
- Please ensure our returns form is completed and inside the parcel.
- You will receive a proof of postage receipt with tracking details when you deposit your package with the store.
- If you have any questions then please call us on 0845 1001000.
*This service is provided for UK Mainland, Northern Ireland and Isle of Wight
Price Match Policy (UK ONLY)
We aim to offer competitive prices, however if you find products cheaper elsewhere we will match the price.
The conditions of our Price Match Policy are as follows:
- If the goods we sell are cheaper elsewhere at the time of purchase, we will match that price at CycleSurgery in-store or by Mail Order.
- The same goods must be in stock at this vendor at the point of purchase for the price match to be valid. Just tell us where you have found the goods cheaper and we will do the rest. We do not match prices after the sale has been completed.
- The goods must be supplied by an authorised retailer, not a sole trader or auction site, and be of the same specification, size and colour.
VAT charges + BFPO
The minimum purchase value for VAT refunding is £50 excluding delivery, per order. To ensure receiving VAT refund under B.F.P.O. status, please enclose your 'certificate of entitlement' with each order. VAT Free shopping is available through our UK shops for non EEC residents. B.F.P.O. orders take from 5 working days to process. All VAT orders are processed at full UK rate, with the VAT refunded by the same payment method used to order, in a minimum of 30 days after posting. Amex cards excluded.
If you have any queries regarding tax, please phone 0800 298 8898 / 0044 (0)1483 445355 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet credit card facility
We know of no documented cases of credit card fraud using our shopping system over the Internet. All credit card numbers are encrypted in the software when the order is placed using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site. If you feel in any way unsure about purchasing by credit card online, you also have the option of phoning or emailing us your order.
Specification and pricing
Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy throughout this website, however manufactures reserve the right to change specifications, features, prices and colours without prior notice.
All outdoor sport activities are potentially hazardous and we recommend that training on how to use products we sell is carried out by a qualified trainer.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a customer.
If you need to reach us, please email us on email@example.com, alternatively during business hours you can call on: Freephone 0800 298 8898 (UK Only) or 01483 445 341 or write to us at:
Deal Hub PromotionThis offer is valid from 23:59 on Monday through to 23:59 on Tuesday and works on a first-come-first served basis. This is a web-only offer and not available in store.
We will aim to despatch your items within 48 hours of receiving the order. If the promoted item is sold out, we will notify you via email within 24 hours of receiving your order.
We believe that we are the cheapest on the web for the promoted item. If you find the promoted item cheaper elsewhere on the internet within 21 days, our UK Price Pledge applies - please see price pledge terms & conditions.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (WEEE)
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is a UK law introduced on July 2007 with the aim to reduce the amount of waste created by electronic equipment. The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
Much of the UK's WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
The introduction of these regulations mean that manufacturers of electrical equipment now need to pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment and that the suppliers of equipment, like high street shops and internet retailers, are now able to allow customers to return their waste equipment free of charge to have it collected.
So as an example, if a customer bought a new GPS from us we would accept their old GPS and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely.
Under the WEEE regulations, all new electrical goods that fall under these regulations will be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown here.
How to return your WEEE:
Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
If you wish to return your WEEE item, you can drop it off at one of our stores, please note that you must show your .Com receipt at this time.
Alternatively you can post your item to the following address together with a copy of your receipt: CycleSurgery.Com, 2 Thornberry Way, Guildford, GU1 1QB. Please note any or all postage costs are your responsibility.
**Update for 2010** Under the Waste Battery Regulations, Cycle Surgery/Snow and Rock are now offering a take back scheme for all portable waste batteries. You can return your waste batteries to any of our stores in person (please do not post).
Alternatively, you can find your local waste portable battery recycling facility at www.recyclenow.com
Most supermarkets and shops that sell batteries will have collection bins for used batteries, and some town halls, libraries or schools may also set up collection points. End-users may find stores in their local area more accessible.