Terms + Conditions
- Service Plans
- Gift Vouchers
- Order confirmation
- Delivery and Returns
- Back orders
- Price Match
- VAT charges
- Internet credit card facility
- Specification and pricing
- Safety statement
- Statutory rights
- Contact us
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (WEEE)
- Free delivery on all sale products applies to UK mainland addresses only.
- Sales items are sold on a first come first served basis.
- We cannot guarantee stock availability until the point of despatch. If an item is sold out we will endeavour to contact you within 72 hours.
- In our endeavour to constantly review what we do in store and remain as competitive as possible we have decided to sell Sale bikes at their reduced price on Cycle scheme.
- We only charge your account at the point of despatching the goods to you.
- Orders placed using Paypal will be debited at the time the order is taken.
- Service Plans can only be taken out for bikes bought from Cycle Surgery from 28th March 2011 onwards.
- Service Plans can be purchased for a new bike either at the time the bike is purchased or up until six weeks afterwards (proof of purchase must be shown before a service plan is purchased if not when the bike is bought).
- Each Service Plan has an expiry date – 12 months for Plan 1, 18 months for Plan 2 and 24 months for Plan 3.
- Service Plan vouchers are non-refundable and non-replaceable.
- One Service Plan voucher must be redeemed at each service time. Plan 1 has one voucher; Plan 2 has two vouchers and Plan 3 has three vouchers.
- Our Service Plans do not cover the cost of parts, servicing suspension units, hydraulic brakes or de-greasing parts.
- Service Plans cannot be bought as part of a Tax Free Cyclescheme or Cycle scheme voucher spend.
- Service Plans cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and must not be discounted.
The prices in our catalogue and web site include VAT and are accurate at the time of publishing. However, situations may occur where prices are incorrectly quoted as a result of circumstances beyond our control. In these situations you will be informed of the correct or revised price once your order has been received by us, and should you not wish to purchase the product at that price we will cancel that part of the order. In-store all items have a price tag attached which reflects the current retail price for that particular item. Errors and omissions excepted.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Switch and Amex (Amex in-store only). We do not charge for any item until it is ready to ship. Backordered items are not charged until they are shipped. You may send your credit card information via phone, fax, post or using our secure internet site. If you are shopping from outside the UK, place your order and your credit card company will convert the transaction to your own currency.
CycleSurgery sterling gift vouchers are available to buy in-store and online and on the website. They can only be redeemed in our UK stores. Euro gift vouchers are available only from our Dublin store, and can only be redeemed in the Dublin store. We regret that we are not able to redeem any vouchers online and they can only be redeemed through Cycle Surgery stores and mail order.
Gift vouchers will expire 12 months after purchase or last activity. Lost vouchers cannot be replaced. Gift Vouchers and Credit Notes are non-refundable.
We will send you an email to confirm that we have received your order, then once all the goods are ready we will send a second email to confirm we have sent your goods.
Delivery and Returns
For all Delivery and Returns information please click here.
Occasionally, the item you've ordered may be on back order from the supplier. If this is the case, you will be contacted by phone or email with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
We aim to offer competitive prices on all of our products. If, however, you find a product cheaper elsewhere in the UK, either in-store or online, we will match the price for you.
The conditions of our Price Match are as follows:
- The product must be the same product, i.e. the same size, model / year, colour and specification.
- The product must be available, i.e. in stock, at the competitor at the time you want to purchase.
- The product must be supplied by an authorised retailer, i.e. not from a sole trader or auction site.
- Where we match an internet price we will take the competitor’s shipping cost into account to work out the total price.
- We will match only against the advertised price offered by the competitor, i.e. this does not include additional promotional activities such as loyalty card points, cashback schemes and voucher codes.
- Where we match to a foreign currency, we will use the Thomas Cook tourist rate as a basis for currency exchange.
- Price matches can be made only at the time of purchase.
To take advantage of our Price Match:
- In store – Simply take evidence of the lower price into the store with you and show it to a store colleague. This can be, for example, a copy of an ad, a screen grab or a reference to a web page
- Online – You will need to speak to one of our agents on 0800 298 8898. They will check that the match is valid and complete the transaction for you.
NB. Our Price Match is available only to customers based in the UK or Ireland. We cannot price match when using a Cycle to Work Scheme or 0% Finance.
VAT charges + BFPO
The minimum purchase value for VAT refunding is £50 excluding delivery, per order. To ensure receiving VAT refund under B.F.P.O. status, please enclose your 'certificate of entitlement' with each order. VAT Free shopping is available through our UK shops for non EEC residents. B.F.P.O. orders take from 5 working days to process. All VAT orders are processed at full UK rate, with the VAT refunded by the same payment method used to order, in a minimum of 30 days after posting. Amex cards excluded.
If you have any queries regarding tax, please phone 0800 298 8898 / 0044 (0)1483 445239 or email us at: email@example.com
Internet credit card facility
We know of no documented cases of credit card fraud using our shopping system over the Internet. All credit card numbers are encrypted in the software when the order is placed using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site. If you feel in any way unsure about purchasing by credit card online, you also have the option of phoning or emailing us your order.
Specification and pricing
Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy throughout this website, however manufactures reserve the right to change specifications, features, prices and colours without prior notice.
All outdoor sport activities are potentially hazardous and we recommend that training on how to use products we sell is carried out by a qualified trainer.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a customer.
If you need to reach us, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively during business hours you can call on: Freephone 0800 298 8898 (UK Only) or 0044 (0)1483 445239 or write to us at:
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (WEEE)
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is a UK law introduced on July 2007 with the aim to reduce the amount of waste created by electronic equipment. The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
Much of the UK's WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
The introduction of these regulations mean that manufacturers of electrical equipment now need to pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment and that the suppliers of equipment, like high street shops and internet retailers, are now able to allow customers to return their waste equipment free of charge to have it collected.
So as an example, if a customer bought a new GPS from us we would accept their old GPS and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely.
Under the WEEE regulations, all new electrical goods that fall under these regulations will be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown here.
How to return your WEEE:
Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
If you wish to return your WEEE item, you can drop it off at one of our stores, please note that you must show your .Com receipt at this time.
Alternatively you can post your item to the following address together with a copy of your receipt: CycleSurgery.Com, 2 Thornberry Way, Guildford, GU1 1QB. Please note any or all postage costs are your responsibility.
**Update for 2010** Under the Waste Battery Regulations, Cycle Surgery/Snow and Rock are now offering a take back scheme for all portable waste batteries. You can return your waste batteries to any of our stores in person (please do not post).
Alternatively, you can find your local waste portable battery recycling facility at www.recyclenow.com
Most supermarkets and shops that sell batteries will have collection bins for used batteries, and some town halls, libraries or schools may also set up collection points. End-users may find stores in their local area more accessible.