Cycling Eyewear Buying Guide
WHY SHOULD YOU WEAR SUGLASSES WHILST RIDING?
Aside from the indisputable style factor, the most obvious reason to wear sunglasses is to shield your eyes from harmful UV rays. But they can also prevent dirt, dust, debris or insects from hurtling into your eyes at speed. Even on a dull overcast day or at night, glasses offer good protection from the elements.
Things to consider when choosing cycling sunglasses:
By having the right lens colour you will not only be able to see everything with greater clarity, but you will also protect your eyes. Most good quality cycling glasses come with different lenses to suit differing light conditions as follows:
- Grey lens - Good for dimming bright sunshine but with minimal contrast. Colour neutral.
- Brown lens - Good for sunny spells with cloud
- Pink lens - Good for bright or overcast weather conditions
- Blue lens - Good for poor visibility or foggy weather conditions
- Yellow lens - Good for brightening up your view in low light conditions
- Clear lens - Good for riding in the dark or very overcast conditions