GPS Bike Computers, A Buyers Guide
GPS BIKE COMPUTERS, A BUYERS GUIDE
The Basics of GPS Cycle Computers
- Distance: how far you have cycled measured in miles or kilometres.
- Elevation: measured by a barometric altimeter in the device, elevation data can be gained with an accuracy of around +/- 10 feet.
- Speed: measured in kilometres per hour or miles per hour, most devises will also give you data of speed averages and maximum speed.
- Time elapsed: total time you have been cycling from point of pressing start.
- Calorie consumption: total calories used from the start of your ride. The device will give you live statistics whilst on the bike of your calorie consumption and a total at the end of your ride.
MAPPING AND NAVIGATION
CONNECTIVITY AND SOCIAL PLATFORMS
GPS Bike Computers Recommended By Cycle Surgery
The Cateye Velo Wireless+ Cycle Computer offers a great entry to the cycle computer. Although not GPS enabled, the Wireless+ does what the name suggests and enables you to gain performance data wirelessly via sensors attached to your bike. Featuring all the performance data you need to get you going and start recording your training and boasts some great functions such as a carbon offset function and auto power saving mode.