WHEN TO CHANGE YOUR TYRES
- Casing - This is the flexible body of the tyre that comes in various threads per inch (TPI). This is the main body of the tyre which is then covered in rubber. This is normally made from nylon.
- Protection layer - To provide puncture protection, different manufacturers will use various types of material as a lining underneath the tread.
- Tread - The rubber compound that comes in contact with the road surface.
- Bead - The ridged stem around the edge of the tyre that locks the it to the wheel rim. This is made from either wire or foldable Kevlar.
- Anti-chafing strip - Supporting strip that protects the bead.