Just when we thought Brompton couldn’t possibly top their already outstanding range, they announced that they would be collaborating with Barbour. The collaboration is all about practicality and fitness for purpose, and this bike absolutely fits into that. Built around Brompton’s original folding bike, this model has a M-type handlebar and 6 gears. With the practicality of 6 gears it is more than capable of covering greater distances and even tackling hillier routes. Like all Bromptons it can fold fast and easily into a compact package, perfect for public transport.
Finished in Gloss Barbour Green and complimented with a Tarras bag, this incredible bike combines the best of Brompton and Barbour, to deliver years of dependable service with an inimitable British style.
* Please note this is a PRE-ORDER click & collect only bike and will not be available for home delivery when stock arrives.
- Frame - Steel
- Fork - Steel
- Handlebar - New M-Type
- Number of Gears - 6 Speed
- Shifter - New Ergonomic Underbar Shifters
- Chain set - Alloy Brompton Chainset
- Seatpost - Extended Seatpost
- Saddle - Brooks B17 Saddle
- Suspension - Firm Block
- Pedals - Brompton Left-Hand Folding Pedal/Alloy Cage Right-Hand Pedal
- Brakeset - Dual-Pivot Brompton Calipers
- Brake Levers - New Ergonomic Integrated Brake Levers
- Grips - New Lock-On Grips
- Wheelset - Double-Wall Rim Brompton Wheelset
- Tyres - Brompton Kevlar Tyres
- Accessories - Mudguards. Includes Barbour Tarras Bag.
The first Brompton bike was built in 1975 from the South Kensington bedroom of designer Andrew Ritchie.
His initial prototypes were crude, but through a relentless refining process Ritchie hit upon a cycle that would go on to become the gold standard of folding bikes.
In recent years, the company has seen rapid expansion worldwide, and now has stores in cities including London, Amsterdam, Beijing, Tokyo and Barcelona.
But not content to rest on their laurels, Brompton has a large team of in-house designers and engineers who are constantly developing new accessories and improving upon the design of the bike itself.
Every Brompton is handmade in their London factory by skilled craftsman who have undergone an intensive 18-month training program, and who each have a unique signature which they stamp on the parts of the bike they work on.
This culture of accountability is indicative of Brompton’s commitment to quality, and helps to ensure that every one of their bikes is built to the highest standard.