Cannondale's revolutionary Habit 5 2019 is a mountain bike for riders who want to be able to destroy every climb and crush every descent. This is the perfect Habit for anyone who wants a high-quality, alloy mountain bike at a slightly more affordable price. Every element of the design is focussed on ensuring that your mountain biking experience is as entertaining as possible. With a Modern Trail Geometry and the one-of-a-kind Proportional Response suspension design philosophy, this bike gives the rider complete command of any trail.
.The Habit's geometry makes it ready to ride thanks to some properly wide bars, a short stem, powerful Shimano MT400 hydro disc brakes, a reliable 1X drivetrain and a dropper post, obviously. The 66 degree headtube angle and a steep seattube angle also puts the rider in the right position for when the trails head up, and gets the saddle down low and out of the way when it's time to get down. The SmartForm C1 Alloy frame is strong and durable making this a reliable bike. Equipped with 29" wheels, big grippy Maxxis tyres and 130MM of travel front and rear, the Habit is built to tame unruly trails everywhere. The Ai offset rear end shifts the rear triangle and paves the way for the Habit to have 435mm chainstays. This makes a bike that is more nimble and capable in corners while still having loads of tire clearance and stiffness.
The size specific design of this bike comes from Cannondale's Proportional Response suspension design philosophy. Through months of rigorous testing and utilizing size-specific Centre-of-Gravity (COG) data, the Habit has optimized kinematics for all. This basically means that the bike's suspension was engineered to suit every size rider so that everyone experiences optimized suspension performance while braking and improved overall pedalling efficiency.
To top it all off Cannondale threw in some features that make the Habit easy to ride and own. With proven durable suspension pivots, tube-
- Frame–6061 heat treated aluminium
- Fork–Hi ten steel / mudguard eyelets
- Rear Shock–Fox Float Performance DPS EVOL, 130mm, 3-Pos adj.
- Headset–Integrated, 1-1/8 to 1.5", sealed angular contact bearings
- Stem–Cannondale C3, 3D Forged 6061 Alloy, 1-1/8", 31.8, 0°
- Handlebars–Cannondale C3 Riser, 6061 Alloy, 15mm rise, 8° sweep, 4° rise, 780mm
- Grips–Cannondale Locking Grips
- Grips–Cannondale Locking Grips
- Brakes–Shimano MT400 hydro disc, 180/180mm RT54 rotors
- Brake Levers–Shimano MT400 hydro disc
- Shifters–Shimano SLX, 11-speed
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano SLX GS, 11-speed
- Chainset–Race Face Ride Cinch, 30T
- Chain–KMC X11, 11-speed
- Cassette–Sunrace, 11-46, 11-speed
- Bottom Bracket–Race Face Outboard BB
- Front Hub–Shimano MT400 15x110
- Rear Hub–Shimano MT400 12x148
- Rims–WTB STX i23 TCS, 32h, tubeless ready
- Spokes–Stainless Steel, 14g (Ai Offset Dish–rear)
- Tyres–Maxxis Minion DHF 29 x 2.5" WT front, High Roller II 2.3" rear, Dual compound, EXO puncture protection, tubeless ready
- Saddle–Cannondale Stage 3
- Seat Post–TranzX dropper, internal routing, 31.6, 100mm (S), 125mm (M-XL)
Not The Bike For You?
Mountain Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 12 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.