Cannondale’s Synapse is a bike that lends itself to full-gas, full-day exploits. It is impressively light, with a new frame that is far lighter than any of its predecessors. It has a stiffness that even the pros would be impressed with and as result allows you to lay down the power and rail corners like you wouldn’t believe! But, with the addition of Cannondale’s Save Micro-Suspension, the intelligent frame is still able to tune out some of the choppiness of the road for a comfortable all day ride quality.
The Geometry of the Synapse is performance focused for a fast and elegant ride, but Cannondale have chosen to give it a slightly more upright position to keep it comfortable on longer days in the saddle.
The New Synapse features Shimano RS505 disc brakes, which deliver incredible braking power in all weather and with the ability to take wheels as big as 32mm the Synapse is ready for any road, anywhere.
- Frame - NEW Synapse Disc, BallisTec Carbon, Di2 ready, SAVE PLUS, BB30a, flat mount, 12mm thru axle
- Fork - NEW Synapse Disc Asymmetric, SAVE PLUS, BallisTec Carbon, integrated crown race, size-specific design.44-48: 1 1/8" steerer, 60mm rake51-54: 1-1/8"- 1-1/4" tapered steerer, 55mm rake56-61: 1-1/8"- 1-3/8" tapered steerer, 45mm rake
- Stem - Cannondale C3, 6061 Alloy, 31.8, 6 deg.
- Handlebars - Cannondale C3, butted 6061 Alloy, Compact
- Bar Tape - Cannondale Bar Tape w/Gel, 3.5mm
- Brakes - Shimano RS505 hydro disc, flat mount, 160/160mm
- Brake / Gear Lever - Shimano RS505 hydro disc
- Hubs - Formula CX20 100x12mm front, CX 22 142x12mm rear
- Rims - RD 2.0 Disc, 28-hole
- Front Derailleur - Shimano 105, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano 105 GS
- Chainset - Cannondale Si, BB30a, w/ FSA rings, 50/34
- Tyres - Schwalbe Lugano, Folding, 700x28c
- Saddle - Selle Royal Seta S1
- Seatpost - Cannondale C3, 6061 Alloy, 25.4x350mm (48-56), 400mm (58-61)