This jersey we primarily focused on making it light for the big alpine climbs as well as cool for hot days. A real Tour de France jersey if there ever was one. But Castelli didn’t want to completely ignore aerodynamics, so used patterning similar to Aero Race 5.1 Jersey, which we knew was fast. The resulting jersey is extremely cool and light and instantly became a favorite with pro riders. The surprise was when we put it in the wind tunnel. This lightweight jersey posted the same results as the Aero Race 5.0 Jersey, just 2 watts slower than the updated 2016 Aero Race 5.1 Jersey, the most aero jersey Castelli ever tested. Next time they ask you if you want aero or light, just answer, “Yes, please.”
- The lightweight aero jersey...and the aero lightweight jersey
- Strada Pro 3D fabric on back provides support to pockets and UPF 16 protection
- 75 g/m2 Flusso 3D fabric on front and shoulders keeps the jersey light and dry
- Full-length lightweight front zipper
- Mesh raw-edge arm grippers
- 3 rear pockets
- Pattern from Aero Race 5.1 Jersey makes it aero
Castelli roots can be traced back to a fine tailor, Vittore Gianni, in the heart of Milan, founded in 1876. It wasn’t until 1935 when a young Armando Castelli joined the company and transformed its future into the cycling apparel brand that it is today. Still in touch with their roots, Castelli products have a sophisticated Italian style, married with perfect fit and comfort.
You may also like....