Castelli engineered a fabric that lets you leave a soft raw edge at the back of the knee that won't cut into you, and they started riding prototypes. Once again the guys who do this for a living have come up with a new way to dress. It's significantly warmer than a thermal short but doesn't feel overdressed like a knicker.
At the belgian classics, pros can be seen cutting off their knee warmers to have a thermal layer just to the knee. So castelli made up some shorts to ride in and quickly realized that the pros are onto something. It feels significantly warmer than a thermal short but without the restriction of 3/4 knickers. They developed a soft raw-cut edge so it's not going to cut into the back of your knee. Plus, it looks very pro. Long socks required.
- Thermal short cut just to the knee
- Thermoflex fabric for exceptional warmth, stretch and breathability
- Raw-cut edge at anatomically shaped knee
- Progetto X2 Air seat pad for long-distance comfort
- Mesh bib straps so that you can regulate insulation with your base layers, not the bib
- Reflective viz strips for visibility
- Weight: 214g (Large)
Castelli roots can be traced back to a fine tailor, Vittore Gianni, in the heart of Milan, founded in 1876. It wasn’t until 1935 when a young Armando Castelli joined the company and transformed its future into the cycling apparel brand that it is today. Still in touch with their roots, Castelli products have a sophisticated Italian style, married with perfect fit and comfort