The Grand Prix 5000 (GP5000) Tyre from Continental is the new best allrounder in the touring and racing fields that is ushering in a new era in cycling. This revolutionary piece of cycling equipment offers you increased puncture protection while giving you a ride that is more comfortable and faster than any you've known before. Continental made this tyre better rolling resistance while remaining light making it incredibly fast so you can take your performance to a whole new level.
Produced only in Germany, the BlackChili tread compound has an unmatched balance of grip and rolling resistance that has measurable and noticeable advantages. This compound is made from latest polymers as well as specially developed carbon black particles and filler materials that guarantee a unique performance. Continental's Active Comfort elastomer technology is embedded in the tyre's construction, below the BlackChili tread, absorb vibrations and smoothen your ride. This comfort layer controls damping more efficiently which adds to the tyres overall grip, puncture protection and speed. The Lazer Grip makes you one with the road as the lasered micro profile structure expands over the tire’s shoulder. This technology creates an expanded surface area of tread to grip the road as well as providing outstanding cornering.
The GP5000 is the latest benchmark in puncture protection thanks to its Vectran Breaker layer. The impressive tear resistance at a very low weight is thanks to the high-tech, liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP) fibre of the insert. The fibre is spun from the melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread, much like an incredibly strong spider silk. This Vectran puncture protection insert is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker but does not adversely affect the rolling resistance. With all of these revolutionary technologies, its easy to see why everyone is talking about th
- BlackChili compound: A unique tread compound with the best balance of grip and rolling resistance for cycling
- Active Comfort Technology: Absorbs vibrations and smoothens your ride
- Lazer Grip: Lazered micro profile structure that gives a better grip on the road
- Vectran Breaker: A liquid-crystalline polymer providing enormous tear resistance at a very low weight
- Handmade in Germany
- Next Day Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Order before 4pm Sunday - Friday
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.