Now with 29" and 27.5" wheel options to get the most suited ride for every rider, the Cube Reaction GTC SL 2016 takes the great platform of the previous model and makes it that bit better.
Constructed out of Cubes renowned Gran Turismo Composite carbon lay-up and designed around their Agile Ride Geometry, the Reaction GTC SL has what it takes to put you on the podium of marathon races, take you on all-day epic rides or satisfy your adrenaline needs on a tight singletrack trail. Featuring a high performance set-up including a Fox 32 Float front fork, a Shimano XT 2x11 drive train and an X12 through axle, the Reaction GTC SL will take your riding to the next level in a well-priced package.
Size 27.5: 16", 18" // 29er: 15", 17", 19", 21", 23"
- Rider Type -
- Ideal Use -
- XC / Singletrack
- GTC Twin Mold Monocoque Technology, ARG2, Tapered Headtube, PressFit BB, X12, Integrated Cable Routing
- Fox 32 Float FIT4, 15QR, Tapered, Remote Lockout, 100mm
- FSA Orbit I-t, Integrated, Top 1 1/8", Bottom 1 1/2"
- CUBE Performance Stem Pro, 31.8mm
- CUBE Flat Race Bar Pro, 720mm
- Front Brake:
- Shimano XT BR-M8000, Hydr. Disc Brake (180mm)
- Rear Brake:
- Shimano XT BR-M8000, Hydr. Disc Brake (160mm)
- Brake Levers:
- Shimano XT BR-M8000
- Gear Shifters:
- Shimano XT SL-M8000-I, Direct Attach
- Front Derailleur:
- Shimano XT, FD-M8020-D, Direct Mount, Side Swing
- Rear Derailleur:
- Shimano XT, RD-M8000-DGS, ShadowPlus, 11-Speed, Direct Mount
- Shimano XT, FC-M8000, 36x26T, 175mm
- Shimano XT CS-M8000, 11-40
- Fulcrum Red 66, 28/28 Spokes, 15QR/X12
- Front Tyres:
- Schwalbe Rocket Ron, Kevlar, 2.25, LiteSkin
- Rear Tyres:
- Schwalbe Racing Ralph, Kevlar, 2.25, LiteSkin
- Selle Italia SC1
- CUBE Prolight, 27.2mm
- Gran Turismo Composite
- In designing the GTC carbon fiber frames, safety and comfort are the main factors. We use high modulus fibers for the parts which are stressed the most ? the head tube, the seat tube top and the bottom bracket area. That is why the frame still offers flex and comfort resulting from the flexible tubes. Our special production process with inner and outer molding forms ensure that the minimum of required material is used, reducing overall weight even with complex frame designs. All GTC frames have of course passed DIN -Plus testing.
- Agile Ride Geometry
- We ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in our series of big wheel bikes. We also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let us achieve the same trail as our 26in bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly we shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle.
- X12 Through Axle
- In this system, a cone is used to form a play-free connection. It is only necessary to tighten the axle from one side. The position of the wheel is done by an insert in the right-hand dropout which is secured by a bolt. The main advantages of the Syntace system are quick and simple changing of the wheel, reliable position of the brake disc and higher stiffness of the rear of the bike. This allows the assembly to be made lighter than a conventional through-axle.
Built with German engineering since 1993, Cube has taken the UK market by storm in the past few years, thanks to their lightweight, technologically advanced frames across all categories. Although Cube are known best for their mountain bikes, their road bikes are competing at the front of racing at all levels.