Back for 2018, Giant’s Contend range was born from a consolidation of their previous frames. Giant have cherry-picked the best features from their extensive past collections and combined them in this exciting platform, creating "the bike of the future". This capable frame design features a bigger bottom bracket for improved power transfer and a shorter chain stay, resulting in a shorter wheelbase for improved handling.
Engineered with Giant’s very own ALUXX aluminium technology, the frame featured in the Contend platform is designed to take the shock out of the road. Composite carbon fibre forks with alloy OverDrive steerers dampen vibrations further, leading to confident handling in variable conditions, and overall a better experience on the road. As the most competitively priced bike in Giant’s Contend platform, the Contend 1 will provide you with a lot of bike for your money.
The Contend 1 features a Shimano Sora gear set. This gear set uses the Shimano Dual Control integrated brake and gear lever system, making gear shifting effortless. And, combined with a Shimano 11x32 cassette, this gearing is wide enough to make those tougher hill climbs that little bit easier.
With a perfect blend of speed, comfort and control, the Contend 1 is an ideal entry-level bike to help develop your riding and make your aspirations a reality.
- Frame - ALUXX-Grade Aluminum
- Fork - Hybrid Composite, OverDrive Steerer
- Stem - Giant Sport
- Handlebars - Giant Connect
- Brakes Calipers - Tektro TK-R312 Giant Specific, Dual Pivot
- Brake / Gear Lever - Shimano Sora 18 speed
- Rims - Giant S-R3 Wheel Set
- Tyres - Giant S-R4, 700x25
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Sora
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Sora
- Chainset - Shimano Sora, 34/50
- Cassette - Shimano HG400, 11x32
- Saddle - Giant Contact (Forward)
- Seatpost - Giant Sport
You may also like....