The Giant Contend 1 is for people that are just starting to rack up road mileage. Its frame, built in Giant’s aluminium forging facility, is designed for balance and confidence on the road and will help you push up your numbers.
That lightweight frame combined with a wide ranging cassette mean the tough climbs should be no problem at all and the D-Fuse seatpost will reduce any shocks and vibrations on the descents. It also has the possibility of running wider tyres as well as adding mudguards and a rack if you want to use it to commute or for longer trips.
- Frame–ALUXX-Grade Aluminum
- Fork–Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer
- Stem–Giant Sport
- Handlebars–Giant Connect
- Brakes–Tektro TK-B177
- Brake Levers–Shimano Sora
- Shifters–Shimano Sora
- Front Derailleur–Shimano Sora
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano Sora
- Chainset–Shimano Sora, 34/50
- Chain–KMC X9
- Cassette–Shimano CS-HG400, 11x34
- Bottom Bracket–Cartridge
- Wheelset–Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Tyres–Giant P-R3 AC, 700x28, folding
- Saddle–Giant Contact (forward)
- Seat Post–Giant D-Fuse, Alloy
- Pedals–Pedal with toe clips/straps
- Next Day Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Order before 4pm Sunday - Friday
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.