The Contend 2 2019 was created by Giant to bring road riding excellence to all who seek it. A mix of balanced road geometry, smooth ride quality and affordable reliability makes this a versatile aluminium road bike that you can count on for agility and comfort.
The aluminium frame made of proprietary 6061 alloy delivers best-in-class strength-to-weight ratios while a balanced road geometry is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel for ambitious road riders. Due to this well designed geometry, riders are also able to blend a confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
The fork, made with Advanced-grade composite and a hybrid alloy/composite OverDrive tapered steerer tube, produces sharp steering and cornering capabilities with a smooth ride quality while also having clearance to run wider tyres (up to 28c) to even further smooth out the ride. The 27.2mm seatpost helps reduce road shocks and vibrations to improve comfort and minimize fatigue. With Shimano Claris components, the Contend 2 2019 has responsive acceleration and reliable and intuitive dual control shifting. By choosing Shimano Claris components and Tektro calliper brakes Giant was able to create an impressive endurance road bike at a fraction of the price. So push the pace, ride more miles, and have more fun on the road with this smooth, fast and fun bike–without breaking the bank.
- Frame–ALUXX-Grade Aluminum
- Fork–Hybrid composite, OverDrive steerer
- Handlebars–Giant Connect
- Brakes–Tektro TK-B177
- Brake Levers–Shimano Claris
- Shifters–Shimano Claris
- Front Derailleur–Shimano Claris
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano Claris
- Chainset–FSA Tempo, 34/50
- Chain–KMC Z72
- Cassette–CS-HG50-8, 11x34
- Bottom Bracket–Cartridge
- Wheelset–Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Tyres–Giant S-R3 AC, 700x28
- Saddle–Contact (forward)
- Seat Post–Alloy round
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £30, otherwise £2.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.