The Giant Contend 2 is a great example of the super affordable all-rounder that Giant are so good at. Thanks to their ability to make high-quality own-brand products, they have to sacrifice very little to bring the price down.
Weighing in at an 9.5kg it’s impressively lightweight and the aluminium frame is specifically designed to give it agile cornering and controlled rider positioning. Balance is the real name of the game with the Contend, in stability and capability, to help give the inexperienced and aspiring riders increased confidence to take on any road they face.
- Frame–ALUXX-Grade Aluminum
- Fork–Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer
- Stem–Giant Sport
- Handlebars–Giant Connect
- Brakes–Tektro TK-B177
- Brake Levers–Shimano Claris
- Shifters–Shimano Claris
- Front Derailleur–Shimano Claris
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano Claris
- Chainset–FSA Tempo, 34/50
- Chain–KMC Z72
- Cassette–CS-HG50-8, 11x34
- Bottom Bracket–Cartridge
- Wheelset–Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Tyres–Giant P-R3 AC, 700x28, folding
- Saddle–Giant Contact (forward)
- Seat Post–Giant D-Fuse, Alloy
- Pedals–Pedal with toe clips/straps
Not The Bike For You?
Road Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 12 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.