The Giant Contend SL 1 2020 is a brilliant all-round road bike that combines top-level performance with real comfort. With the impressively lightweight ALUXX SL aluminium frame designed to maximise acceleration and confidence and a near-complete Shimano 105 groupset, it’s both fast and incredibly agile allowing you to maintain control at high speeds and while cornering.
Meanwhile, the Advanced-Grade Composite carbon fork and D-Fuse seat post as well as the Giant Contact saddle will absorb all the shocks and vibrations from even the roughest roads giving you a level of comfort that isn’t normally associated with road bikes. If that’s not enough for you, the Giant PR-2 wheelset can take up to 28c tyres for an even smoother ride. The Contend SL 1 is the versatile ride that will have you flying uphill and downhill, on bad roads or good roads, it struggles to do wrong.
- Frame–ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum
- Fork–Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer
- Stem–Giant Sport
- Handlebars–Giant Connect
- Brakes–Tektro TK-B178 w/ better finish/cartridge shoes
- Brake Levers–Shimano 105
- Shifters–Shimano 105
- Front Derailleur–Shimano 105
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano 105 SS
- Chainset–Shimano FC-RS510, 36/52
- Chain–KMC X11EL-1
- Cassette–Shimano 105, 11x30
- Bottom Bracket–Shimano, press fit
- Wheelset–Giant P-R2 wheelset
- Tyres–Giant P-R3 AC, 700x28, folding
- Saddle–Giant Contact (forward)
- Seat Post–Giant D-Fuse, composite
- Pedals–Pedal with toe clips/straps
Not The Bike For You?
Road Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 12 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.