Giant's Contend SL 1 Disc 2019 is the perfect endurance bike to take your road riding to the next level. Thanks to the balanced blend of confident and capable, this bike could be your ticket to longer rides, faster speeds, and more fun than you ever imagined.
Engineered with Giant’s lightweight ALUXX SL aluminium frame technology, this bike has a confident ride quality that’s lightweight, compliant and balanced for a wide variety of road riding enthusiasts. With a frame that is specifically engineered to produce an all-rounder feel, the balanced road geometry creates a blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration. To cut down road vibrations and deliver a smoother, more efficient ride, Giant included their innovative D-Fuse composite seatpost. This allows the bike to improve comfort and minimizes fatigue, even on longer rides.
Seamless disc brake integration produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads. Combining these Giant Conduct SL Disc brakes with reliable Shimano 105 components makes this a great bike for aspiring riders to push themselves and improve their racing and endurance riding abilities.
Made with Advanced-grade composite and a hybrid alloy/composite OverDrive tapered steerer tube, the fork produces sharp steering and cornering capabilities with a smooth ride quality. A massive rectangular-shaped downtube links together the OverDrive front end and PowerCore bottom bracket. This precisely engineered tube shape yields optimal steering and pedalling stiffness while minimizing overall frame weight. To top it off, there is enough frame and fork clearance to run tyres up to 28c in diameter and built-in rack mounts allow riders to customize with secure connection for fenders or racks, so this is a bike that keeps it's options open.
- Frame–ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum
- Fork–Hybrid composite, OverDrive steerer, disc
- Stem–Giant Connect
- Handlebars–Giant Connect
- Brakes–Giant Conduct SL
- Brake Levers–Shimano 105
- Shifters–Shimano 105
- Front Derailleur–Shimano 105
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano 105
- Chainset–FC-RS510, 34/50
- Chain–KMC X11EL-1
- Cassette–Shimano 105, 11x34
- Bottom Bracket–Shimano Press Fit
- Wheelset–Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Tyres–Giant P-R3 AC, front and rear specific, 700x28, folding
- Saddle–Contact (forward)
- Seat Post–Giant D-Fuse carbon composite
- Next Day Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Order before 4pm Sunday - Friday
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.