If you’re looking for a versatile bike that can handle any level of road surface, gradient or weather, the Giant Contend SL 1 Disc 2020 is the bike for you. Equipped with the super light ALUXX SL aluminium frame, a rear triangle geared for speed and a near-complete Shimano 105 groupset, it’s got everything you’d need to reach and retain a good speed. On top of that it’s got the 105 hydraulic disc brakes so stopping quickly and efficiently should be really easy in any conditions.
What’s really special about this bike is that it toes the line between a gravel bike and a road bike in that it is built to fly over rough surfaces. It has a composite carbon front fork and D-Fuse seat post to soak up the bumps and vibrations from the road, the super comfortable Giant Contact saddle and clearance for up to 32c tyres to make the roughest roads feel like silk. The Contend SL 1 Disc will consistently perform in any condition and on any road surface, perfect for riding around broken bits of countryside or on for commuting.
- Frame–ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum, disc
- Fork–Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer, disc
- Stem–Giant Contact
- Handlebars–Giant Connect
- Brakes–Shimano 105 hydraulic
- Brake Levers–Shimano 105
- Shifters–Shimano 105
- Front Derailleur–Shimano 105
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano 105 SS
- Chainset–Shimano FC-RS510, 36/52
- Chain–KMC X11EL-1
- Cassette–Shimano 105, 11x30
- Bottom Bracket–Shimano, press fit
- Wheelset–Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Tyres–Giant P-R3 AC, 700x28, folding
- Saddle–Giant Contact (forward)
- Seat Post–Giant D-Fuse, composite
- Pedals–Pedal with toe clips/straps
- Next Day Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Order before 4pm Sunday - Friday
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.