A high-performance all-rounder, the Giant Contend SL 2 Disc 2020 is a top-quality bike perfect for any road surface and a great choice for commuting. Its lightweight ALUXX SL aluminium frame has been designed to give the rider a balanced and confident position for controlled acceleration and easy cornering. Equipped with the Shimano Tiagra groupset and Giant Conduct Disc brakes, you can be sure of powerful and precise shifting and braking in any conditions.
The Contend SL 2 Disc comes with Giant’s D-Fuse carbon composite seat post, Advanced-Grade Composite Carbon fork and the Giant Contact saddle to soak up all the vibrations and bumps from the road. What’s more, it has the possibility of running up to 32c tyres, meaning it will perform on the roughest roads and can even be taken out onto the dirt and gravel tracks. Its any-weather, any-surface capabilities make it a perfect commuting bike and its road bike speed will get you to work faster than any bus.
- Frame–ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum, disc
- Fork–Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer, disc
- Stem–Giant Contact
- Handlebars–Giant Connect
- Brakes–Giant Conduct Disc
- Brake Levers–Shimano Tiagra
- Shifters–Shimano Tiagra
- Front Derailleur–Shimano Tiagra
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano Tiagra GS
- Chainset–Shimano Tiagra, 34/50
- Chain–KMC X10-1
- Cassette–Shimano Tiagra, 11x34
- Bottom Bracket–Shimano, press fit
- Wheelset–Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Tyres–Giant P-R3 AC, 700x28, folding
- Saddle–Giant Contact (forward)
- Seat Post–Giant D-Fuse, composite
- Pedals–Pedal with toe clips/straps
Not The Bike For You?
Road Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 12 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.