The Defy Advanced 1 2019 from Giant is a reliable endurace bike with built in compliance that will let you go further and faster, weith ease. A handcrafted Advanced Carbon Composite frame is still stiff in all the ways that matter which leads to increased pedaling efficiency as well as better steering and cornering precision.
This Defy features integrated disc brakes with flat mounts and 12mm thru-axles which produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads. The well- engineered D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar system help reduce road vibrations, adding to its smooth, compliant feel on the road. Endurance road geometry, added tyre clearance (up to 32c) and disc-brake integration allow you to tackle a variety of roads and conditions, from smooth pavement to rugged backroads and mountain passes.
- Frame–Advanced-Grade Carbon Composite
- Fork–Advanced-Grade Carbon Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer
- Stem–Giant Connect
- Handlebars–Contact SL D-Fuse
- Brakes–Giant Conduct SL hydraulic disc, 140mm rotors
- Brake Levers–Shimano Ultegra
- Shifters–22 Speed Shimano Ultegra
- Front Derailleur–Shimano Ultegra
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano Ultegra
- Chainset–Shimano FC-RS510, 34/50
- Chain–KMC X11EL-1
- Cassette–Shimano Ultegra, 11x34
- Bottom Bracket–Shimano Press Fit
- Front Hub–Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset, 12mm thru-axle
- Rear Hub–Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset, 12mm thru-axle
- Rims–Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Spokes–Sapim Race
- Tyres–Giant Gavia AC 1 tubeless, 700x28mm
- Saddle–Contact (neutral)
- Seat post–Giant D-Fuse carbon composite
Not The Bike For You?
Road Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 2 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.