The Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0 Red 2020 is all about breaking new ground. It’s a versatile endurance bike built on an Advanced Carbon Composite frame and fork shaped for comfort over long-distances with the shock absorbing D-Fuse seat post and handlebars and clearance for up to 35c tyres. Durability is the key as it can switch seamlessly between smooth road and gravel tracks without taking a beating while maintaining performance levels and functionality.
However, there’s really one thing that puts this bike ahead: the SRAM RED eTap AXS groupset. Fully wireless, ridiculously lightweight, unbelievably smooth, terrifyingly quiet and truly innovative, it’s a real thing of beauty. Engineered to thrive off-road and on gravel tracks, the rear derailleur drives the set and keeps the Red chain running with the highest levels of precision and efficiency on the market. It even comes with an app that lets you control certain elements of your shifting to make it as smooth as possible and allows you to alter the functions of the levers.
This bike is truly top tier and once you get a taste for what it can achieve, you’ll struggle to enjoy anything else.
- Frame–Advanced-Grade Composite, disc
- Fork–Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive 2 steerer, disc
- Stem–Contact SL Stealth
- Handlebars–Giant Contact SLR D-Fuse
- Brakes–SRAM RED eTap AXS hydraulic
- Brake Levers–SRAM RED eTap AXS hydraulic
- Shifters–SRAM RED eTap AXS
- Front Derailleur–SRAM RED eTap AXS
- Rear Derailleur–SRAM RED eTap AXS
- Chainset–SRAM RED D1 DUB, 33/46, with Quarq DZero power meter
- Chain–SRAM RED D1
- Cassette–SRAM RED, 12-speed, 10x33
- Bottom Bracket–SRAM DUB, press fit
- Hubs–12mm thru-axle
- Wheelset–Giant SLR-1 Disc WheelSystem
- Tyres–Giant Gavia Fondo 1, tubeless, 700x32, folding
- Saddle–Giant Contact SL (neutral)
- Seat Post–Giant D-Fuse SL, composite
Not The Bike For You?
Road Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next Day Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Order before 4pm Sunday - Friday
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.