The Defy Advanced Pro 2 2019 from Giant is a smooth, superlight road bike built for compliance and endurance. From Gran Fondos to epic solo rides, this new, reengineered Defy Advanced Pro represents the pinnacle of endurance road performance.
This high-performance frameset is handcrafted with Giant’s Advanced composite and specifically engineered for endurance road riding, delivering a smoother ride quality and less fatigue on long rides. With the perfect blend of stiffness and compliance, it delivers a smooth, fast ride quality for your longest, hardest rides. Its innovative technologies include a D-Fuse composite seatpost and Contact SLR D-Fuse composite handlebar, specially shaped cockpit components that work as a system to add compliance and reduce road shocks and vibrations.
The frame is also integrated for disc brakes, with flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles, plus clearance for high-volume tyres up to 32c. This creates more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads. The oversized and tapered OverDrive 2 steerer tube boosts cornering precision, while the MegaDrive downtube and PowerCore bottom bracket deliver precise handling and class-leading pedalling efficiency. Endurance road geometry, added tyre clearance (up to 32c) and disc-brake integration allow you to tackle a variety of roads and conditions, from smooth pavement to rugged backroads and mountain passes.
- Frame–Advanced-Grade Carbon Composite
- Fork–Advanced-Grade Carbon Composite, full-carbon composite OverDrive 2 steerer
- Stem–Contact SL Stealth
- Handlebars–Contact SL D-Fuse
- Brakes–Shimano 105, hydraulic Disc, 140mm Rotors
- Brake Levers–Shimano 105, hydraulic
- Shifters–22 Speed Shimano 105
- Front Derailleur–Shimano 105
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano 105
- Chainset–Shimano 105, 34/50
- Chain–KMC X11SL-1
- Cassette–Shimano 105, 11x34
- Bottom Bracket–Shimano Press Fit
- Front Hub–Giant SLR-1 Disc WheelSystem, 12mm thru-axle, Center Lock
- Rear Hub–Giant SLR-1 Disc WheelSystem, 12mm thru-axle, Center Lock
- Rims–Giant SLR-1 Disc WheelSystem
- Spokes–Giant SLR-1 Disc WheelSystem
- Tyres–Giant Gavia AC 1 tubeless, 700x28mm
- Saddle–Contact SL (neutral)
- Seat Post–Giant D-Fuse composite
- Extras–RideSense Bluetooth/ANT+
- Next Day Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Order before 4pm Sunday - Friday
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.