Featuring a mountain-bike-style flat handlebar and disc brakes, the Rapid 2 2017 from Giant offers a versatile blend of road bike speed and steady control, whether you're riding to work or riding up a mountain.
The premium lightweight ALUXX SL aluminium frame keeps your ride light and fast, while stretched-out geometry ensures you stay comfortable even on the most enduring rides.
The Rapid 2 also boasts an advanced-grade composite fork, Shimano Sora 27-speed shifting and responsive Tektro MDC-M285 hydraulic disc brakes.
- ALUXX SL-grade aluminium frame
- Advanced-grade composite fork and ALUXX OverDrive Steerer
- Shimano Sora 27-speed shifting
- Tektro MDC-M285 hydraulic disc brakes
- Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Handlebar: Giant Connect flat
- Stem: Giant Connect 8 degree
- Saddle: Giant Connect (Foreward)
- Pedals: Alloy with rubber wheels
- Shifters: Shimano New Sora 27 Speed
- Front derailleur: Shimano New Sora
- Rear derailleur: Shimano New Sora
- Brakes: Tektro HDC-M285MPH [F] 160 [R] 140
- Brake levers: Tektro HDC-M290
- Cassette: Shimano CSHG200 11-32, 9s
- Chain: KMC X9 w/Missing Link
- Crankset: FSA VERO 50/39/30
- Bottom bracket: Shimano BB-UN26
- Rims: S-R2 Disc Wheelset with 22mm Rim
- Tires: Giant S-R3 All-condition tire 700x28
Often imitated but never matched, Giant’s manufacturing expertise and innovations have set them apart from their competitors from the very start. 35 years and their mission has stayed the same, create better bikes and improve the cycling experience.