The Blade body and blade are built from composite material. This substance makes the production of a range of less rigid blades possible – 08 to 12 -, for a cleat engagement and release feel that falls between a metal spring and a carbon blade pedal.
The Blade brings together all the benefits of a blade pedal: crisper in and out clipping, better foot support for more security, aerodynamic shape and low weight (compared to a conventional spring system). The platform contact area has been enlarged, providing excellent pedalling stability. Blade technology uses a blade instead of a conventional metal spring, which ensures safe cleat entry/ release, an aerodynamic shapeand low weight. //The Blade Carbon pedal spindle was designed to obtain a very low stack height, only 13mm. It uses a needle bearing cartridge installed in a central position for better stress resistance while pedalling and two spaced out ball bearings which distribute the load, providing increased rigidity between the body and the length of the spindle guaranteeing excellent rotational speed. Axle play is eliminated by a wave spring that constantly applies a pre-load that does not deteriorate over time. When pushing hard on the pedals, this system can completely eliminate the annoyances caused by any noise and sensation of friction.LOOK axles are only approved after a rotational test of 2 million cycles at 100 rpm with a load of 90 kg on the centre of the pedal and an eccentric rotation. This is equivalent to a sprint by André GREIPEL of 1700 watts at 100 rpm for 333 hours!//To answer the desires of some of the most demanding cyclists, notably competitors, the pedal and cleat system must allow efficient power transfer through a broad and rigid contact surface. Because of this, the Blade Carbon platform surface is covered with a 64mm wide, stainless steel plate that has been moulded into the body and optimizes, regardless of pedalling style, the over 400 mm² cleat/pedal contact area.
- USAGE: Regular rider to Competitive
- BODY: Composite
- AXLE: Chromoly steel
- THREADING: 9/16 X 20 mm
- BEARINGS: 2 ball bearings, 1 needle bearing cartridge
- PEDAL STACK HEIGHT: 14 mm
- DISTANCE PEDAL SPINDLE / CRANK ARM: 53 mm
- CONTACT SURFACE AREA: 400 mm²
- FLOAT: 2 types of composite blades: 8 and 12
- CLEATS: Kéo Grip Cleats Grey
- ANGULAR MOVEMENT: 0 °
- PEDAL WEIGHT: 120 gr (308 gr per pair with cleats and screws)
- ACCESSORIES: A pair of Grey Kéo Grip cleats + screws
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £30, otherwise £2.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.