Imagine an all mountain bike that can climb just as well as it can descend…
With the development of the innovative R3ACT - 2 Play suspension system, Marin have created just that. Allow us to introduce you to the Wolf Ridge 8 2018.
For over 30 years Marin had been searching for suspension perfection, and when they found a strategic partner in Naild who shared their quest, they achieved that goal. The 160mm travel Naild R3ACT - 2 Play suspension kinematics on this incredible bike work completely differently to any other system on the market. The sag can be set between 20-30% of shock travel, allowing the rider to fine tune the ride height based on terrain. Steep and technical climbs can be tackled with less sag (20-25%) for better weight distribution, as well as total suspension travel, while increasing the sag (25-30%) lowers the bottom bracket and slackens the head tube angle for better downhill control. This gives the Wolf Ridge 8 an incredible level of tunability for the best performance throughout your entire ride, absolutely nailing Marin’s ‘One bike to rule all of the trails’ mantra.
For almost five years, Marin have been analysing biometric data to determine the perfect bike geometry for all sizes of rider based on people’s body proportions. From this they have adopted four sizes, with each putting the rider in the optimum position to keep the centre of gravity the same for balanced suspension kinematics.
- Frame - Full Unidirectional Carbon Fiber Frame, Naild R3ACT Suspension Technology, 160mm Travel, 148mm Boost Rear Spacing, 12-3-9 Naild Locking Quick Release Thru-Axle
- Fork - RockShox Lyrik RC 29", 160mm Travel, Compression and Rebound Adjustment, Solo Air Spring, 110x15mm Boost Spacing, Maxle Ultimate, 51mm Offset
- Rear Shock - RockShox Monarch R Debonair, High Volume Eyelet, 200x57mm, Rebound Adjustment, Custom Tune, 25.4mm x M8 Upper Hardware, Custom Lower Hardware
- Headset - FSA No 57E, Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 1 1/8" x 1 1/2"
- Stem - Marin 3D Forged Alloy, 35mm
- Handlebars - Marin Mini-Riser, 6061 Double Butted Aluminum, 25mm Rise, 780mm Width, 4° Up, 9° Back
- Grips - Marin Locking
- Front Brake - Shimano XT M8000 Hydraulic Disc, 203mm Rotor
- Rear Brake - Shimano XT M8000 Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- Brake Levers - Shimano Deore M8000 Hydraulic
- Gear Shifter - SRAM GX Eagle 1x12-Speed
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Chainset - SRAM Descendant 6K Aluminum, Direct Mount 12-Speed 34T, Boost Spacing
- Cassette - SRAM XG-1275 12-Speed, 10-50T
- Front Hub - Formula, 110x15mm, 6-Bolt Disc, 32H
- Rear Hub - Formula, 148x12mm, Quad Sealed Bearings, 6-Bolt Disc, 32H
- Rims - Stan's NoTubes Flow MK3, 29mm Inner, Welded Joint, BST Technology, Tubeless Compatible
- Front Tyre - WTB Vigilante 29x2.3"
- Rear Tyre - WTB Breakout, 29x2.3", TCS Light/Fast, Tubeless Compatible
- Saddle - WTB Volt Race
- Seat post - KS LEV SIO Dropper Post, Custom Offset Head, Southpaw Lever, Size S 120mm Travel, All Other Sizes: 150mm Travel