Imagine an enduro bike that can climb just as well as it can descend…
With the development of the innovative R3ACT - 2 Play suspension system, Marin have created just that. Allow us to introduce you to the Wolf Ridge Pro 2018, the highest spec’d bike in Marin’s Wolf Ridge series.
For over 30 years Marin had been searching for suspension perfection, and when they found a strategic partner in Naild who shared their quest, they achieved that goal. The 160mm travel Naild R3ACT - 2 Play suspension kinematics on this incredible bike work completely differently to any other system on the market. The sag can be set between 20-30% of shock travel, allowing the rider to fine tune the ride height based on terrain. Steep and technical climbs can be tackled with less sag (20-25%) for better weight distribution as well as total suspension travel, while increasing the sag (25-30%) lowers the bottom bracket and slackens the head tube angle for better downhill control. This gives the Wolf Ridge Pro an incredible level of tunability for an amazing performance throughout your entire ride, absolutely nailing Marin’s ‘One bike to rule all of the trails’ mantra.
By analysing biometric data for almost five years, Marin have determined the perfect bike fit for all sizes of rider based on people’s body proportions. They have adopted four sizes, with each putting the rider in the optimum position to keep the centre of gravity the same for balanced suspension kinematics no matter the rider.
- Frame - Full Unidirectional Carbon Fiber Frame, Naild R3ACT - 2 Play Suspension Technology, 160mm Travel, 148mm Boost Rear Spacing, Naild 12-3-9 Locking Quick Release Thru-Axle
- Fork - Fox Float 36 29", Performance Elite, Fit 4 3-Position, High and Low Speed Compresion Adjustment, Rebound Adjustment, 110x15mm Boost Spacing, 51mm Offset
- Rear Shock - Fox Float X2 Factory, 200x57mm, High and Low Speed Compression Adjustment, High and Low Speed Rebound Adjustment, Custom Tune, Custom Decals, 25.4mm x M8 Upper Hardware, Custom Lower Hardware
- Headset - FSA Orbit, Sealed Cartridge Bearings,
- 1 1/8"x 1 1/2"
- Stem - Deity Copperhead Stem, 35mm
- Handlebars - Deity DC31 Mohawk Carbon Bar, 787mm Width, 15mm Rise, Custom Colour
- Grips - Marin Locking
- Front Brake - SRAM Guide Ultimate Hydraulic Disc, 200mm Rotor
- Rear Brake - SRAM Guide Ultimate Hydraulic Disc, 180mm Rotor
- Brake Levers - SRAM Guide Ultimate Hydraulic
- Gear Shifters - SRAM XX1 Eagle, 1x12-Speed
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM XX1 Eagle, 12-Speed
- Chainset - SRAM XX1 Eagle Carbon, Direct Mount 12-Speed 34T, Boost Spacing
- Cassette - SRAM XG-1299 12-Speed, 10-50T
- Front Hub - e*thirteen TRS Race, Carbon Shell, Machined Aluminum Flanges
- Rear Hub - e*thirteen TRS Race, Carbon Shell, Machined Aluminum Flanges, 660 Freehub
- Rims - e*thirteen TRS Race, Carbon Fiber, 28H, 31mm Inner, Hookless, Tubeless Ready
- Front Tyre - WTB Vigilante 29x2.3"
- Rear Tyre - WTB Breakout, 29x2.3", TCS Light/Fast, Tubeless Compatible
- Saddle - WTB Volt Race
- Seat post - KS LEV SIO Dropper Post, Custom Offset Head, Southpaw Lever, Size S 442mm Length 120mm Travel, All Other Sizes: 442mm Length 150mm Travel