The tough, reliable and capable Five has been a loyal member of the Orange range for a long time, and last updated a year and a half ago it was due a rejuvenation. Orange have absolutely not let us down. By lowering the shock in the frame leading the way to a more compact rear, Orange have drastically improved the shock’s ramp up giving the refreshed Five RS a really active feel.
They didn’t stop there. By adding extra strength-forming features to all the major frame assemblies they have also improved resistance to lateral flex and twisting forces. With an internally routed KS Lev Integra dropper seatpost, RockShox Pike RCT3 fork, XO-1 11spd drivetrain, Hope hub and Mavic Tubeless wheels on Maxxis Tyres, this is truly a trail ready bike.
This stylish bike handles well at speed, helped by a longer toptube and wheelbase, and fitted with SRAM’s robust Guide R disc brakes you don’t need to worry about slowing down either. The Five RS was born from a choice pick of components that even the toughest of riders would be happy to hammer.
- Frame - 6061-T6 Monocoque UK Formed Custom Aluminium Tubing (Handbuilt in Britain)
- Fork - RockShox Pike 150 RCT3 Solo Air Boost
- Rear Shock - RockShox Monarch DB RT3 190 x 51mm
- Headset - Cane Creek 49mm
- Stem - Renthal Apex M35 50mm extension
- Handlebars - Renthal Fatbar M35 20mm Rise 800mm
- Grips - Renthal Ultra Tacky Lock On
- Brake Calipers - SRAM Guide R 200mm/180mm
- Gear Shifters - SRAM GX1 11spd
- Chainset - SRAM X1 Carbon 30t
- Cassette - SRAM PG1150 10-42 11spd
- Wheelset - Hope Pro 4 (Black) + Mavic EN627 27.5"
- Tyres - Maxxis HR II 2.4 3c TR Exo / HR II 2.3 TR EXO
- Saddle - SDG Strange Bel Air 2.0
- Seat post - KS Lev Integra 125mm drop
- Warranty - Five year frame warranty