When it’s going to be a long day in the saddle, full of gruelling climbs and rewarding descents, Orbea’s Avant is the only bike to go for. Built by the Spanish company born in the foothills of the Basque region, who know a thing or two about mountains.
Comfort is paramount when cycling long distances and the Avant addresses this with its Dynamic Structure technology. The frame design, structure and tubing shapes have all been carefully considered, giving it a comfortable ride and the ability to help reduce muscle fatigue. The Avant’s structure provides a smooth, light ride without bulky compromises such as tubing inserts and elastomers. Natural flex patterns created by the carbon forks and minimal bulk of the top tube and seat stays create an ultra-smooth ride and combined this all gives the subtle, but noticeable sensation that you are floating over even the rougher roads.
Secondly you will be looking for a ride with an efficient power transfer, getting you further with less energy investment. The Avant transfers a majority of torsional and lateral loads through the lower spine of the frame. The headtube, downtube and chainstays have been shaped to eliminate twisting and transfer more power directly to the rear wheel and larger cross-sections and resistance to flex in the bottom of the frame no doubt lay down more wattage on the road.
- Frame - Orbea Avant Hydro, hydroformed triple butted aluminum, headset 1-1/8", BB 68mm - BSC English , internal cable routing, 130 OLD, 27,2mm seat tube.
- Cable Routing - Internal
- Fork - Avant carbon fork, aluminum steerer, 1-1/8" head tube.
- Stem - Orbea OC-II
- Handlebars - Orbea OC-II
- Brakes Calipers - Orbea OC-II
- Brake / Gear Lever - Shimano Tiagra 4700
- Rims - Shimano R-501 Clincher
- Tyres - Kenda Kriterium 700x25 60TPI
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Tiagra 4700
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Tiagra 4700 GS
- Chainset - Shimano Tiagra 4700 34x50t
- Cassette - Shimano Tiagra HG-500 11-32t 10-Speed
- Saddle - Prologo K3 STN size 141 mm
- Seatpost - Orbea OC-II Carbon 27.2x350mm
Founded over 140 years ago, in Spain’s mountainous Basque region, Orbea is one of the world’s oldest cycling companies and a custodian of the traditions, roots and heritage of the sport.
Expertise gained over this long history - which by the company's own admission encompasses both successes and failures - has moulded Orbea into what it is today; a market leader renowned for its meticulous attention to detail and technical mastery reminiscent of Spanish form from the days of the Arab conquerors of the Iberian Peninsula.
Every tiny detail on the bike is the result of hours of research and development; each design line carefully considered, each component hand selected to provide the best possible riding experience, without compromise.
So when you mount an Orbea bike you can be sure of its quality, you know its pedigree, you know where it comes from. Now it’s up to you where to take it next.
You may also like....