Avant is designed for longer days in the saddle with a refined riding position to help prevent the onset of fatigue. The Avant fork uses a shallower rounded fork blade to offer increased tire clearance whilst still maintaining stiffness.
The M20 Team-D carbon fiber frame is constructed using Orbea’s monocoque performance (OMP) manufacture method which allows for improved stiffness to weight ratio creating a very efficient frame. the Aavnt M20 Team-D uses Shimano’s RS805 hydraulic disc brakes allow for highly effective braking in all conditions.
- Frame: Orbea Avant carbon OMP disc. monocoque construction. Tapered 1-1/8" - 1.5". BB 386mm. Thru Axle 12mm x 142mm rear. Internal cable routing. 27.2mm seat tube.
- Fork: Avant OMP carbon disc fork. full carbon steerer. tapered 1-1/8" - 1.5". carbon dropouts Thru axle 12mm x 100m.
- Headset: FSA 1-1/8 - 1-1/2" Integrated Carbon Cup ACB Bearings
- Stem: FSA Gossamer Pro
- Handlebars: FSA Gossamer Compact
- Front Brake: Shimano RS805 Hydraulic Disc
- Rear Brake: Shimano RS805 Hydraulic Disc
- Brake Levers: Shimano RS805
- Gear Shifters: Shimano RS805
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 6800
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 6800
- Crankset: FSA Gossamer Pro 34x50t
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 6800 11-28t 11-Speed
- Wheelset: Mavic Aksium Disc Clincher
- Front Tyres: Vittoria Rubino Pro 700x25 120TPI G+
- Rear Tyres: Vittoria Rubino Pro 700x25 120TPI G+
- Saddle: Hard Black Scratch-2 Tirox size 143 mm
- Seatpost: FSA SL-K SB20 27.2x350mm
Founded over 140 years ago, in Spain’s mountainous Basque region, Orbea is one of the world’s oldest cycling companies and a custodian of the traditions, roots and heritage of the sport.
Expertise gained over this long history - which by the company's own admission encompasses both successes and failures - has moulded Orbea into what it is today; a market leader renowned for its meticulous attention to detail and technical mastery reminiscent of Spanish form from the days of the Arab conquerors of the Iberian Peninsula.
Every tiny detail on the bike is the result of hours of research and development; each design line carefully considered, each component hand selected to provide the best possible riding experience, without compromise.
So when you mount an Orbea bike you can be sure of its quality, you know its pedigree, you know where it comes from. Now it’s up to you where to take it next.