When you know it’s going to be a long day in the saddle, a long day of gruelling climbs and rewarding descents, the Avant is the only bike to go for. It’s built by Orbea, a Spanish company born in the foothills of the Basque region, who know a thing or two about mountains.
When cycling long distances comfort is paramount. The Avant addresses this with its Dynamic Structure technology. The structure, tubing shapes and frame design have all been carefully considered, giving it a comfortable ride and the ability to help reduce muscle fatigue. The Avant’s structure provides a smooth, light ride without bulky compromises such as tubing inserts and elastomers and with a carbon frame and fork it benefits from natural flex patterns throughout. Minimal bulk of the top tube and seat stays create an ultra-smooth ride and combined this all gives the subtle, but noticeable sensation that you are floating over rough roads.
Secondly you will be looking for a ride with an efficient power transfer, getting you further with less energy investment. The Avant transfers a majority of torsional and lateral loads through the lower spine of the frame. The headtube, downtube and chainstays have been shaped to eliminate twisting and transfer more power directly to the rear wheel and larger cross-sections and resistance to flex in the bottom of the frame no doubt lay down more wattage on the road.
- Frame - Orbea Avant carbon OMP disc, monocoque construction,tapered 1-1/8" - 1,5", BB 386mm, powermeter compatible, Thru Axle 12mm x 142mm rear, internal cable routing, EC/DC compatible, 27,2mm seat tube.
- Cable Routing - Internal
- Fork - Avant OMP carbon disc fork, full carbon steerer, tapered 1-1/8" - 1,5", carbon dropouts Thru axle 12mm x 100m.
- Stem - Orbea OC-II
- Handlebars - FSA Gossamer Compact
- Brakes Calipers - Shimano RS505 Hydraulic Disc
- Brake / Gear Lever - Shimano RS505
- Rims - FULCRUM Racing 600 DB
- Front Tyre - Vittoria Rubino Foldable 700x25 60TPI G+
- Rear Tyre - Vittoria Rubino Foldable 700x25 60TPI G+
- Front Derailleur - Shimano 105 5801
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano 105 5800
- Chainset - Shimano 105 5800 34x50t
- Cassette - Shimano 105 5800 11-28t 11-Speed
- Saddle - Selle Italia X3 Flow
- Seatpost - FSA S-LK Di2 compatible 27,2x400mm
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 2 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.