The MX 50 is the entry level bike in Orbea’s MX series of hardtails and it brings with it a more than capable bike at an excellent price point. Its AL6061 frame features specially shaped and manipulated tubing, designed to put strength where it’s needed without adding unnecessary weight. Powerful hydraulic disc brakes provide incredible stopping power, no matter the weather conditions, and a SR Suntour fork with 100mm of travel on the front helps to absorb some of the noise from the track.
- Frame - Orbea MX Alu only disc
- Fork - SR Suntour XCT HLO Coil w/Preload Adj 100mm QR
- Headset - 1-1/8" Semi-Integrated
- Stem - Orbea OC
- Handlebars - Orbea OC Riser 720mm
- Brake Calipers - Shimano M315 Hydraulic Disc
- Gear Shifters - Shimano M310
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Altus M313 31,8mm
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Altus M310
- Chainset - Shimano TY301 24x34x42t
- Cassette - Shimano HG200 12-32t 8-Speed
- Rims - Mach1 ER20 19c
- Tyres - Kenda K1153 2,35" 22TPI
- Saddle - Selle Royal 2073
- Seat post - Orbea OC 27.2x400mm
Founded over 140 years ago, in Spain’s mountainous Basque region, Orbea is one of the world’s oldest cycling companies and a custodian of the traditions, roots and heritage of the sport.
Expertise gained over this long history - which by the company's own admission encompasses both successes and failures - has moulded Orbea into what it is today; a market leader renowned for its meticulous attention to detail and technical mastery reminiscent of Spanish form from the days of the Arab conquerors of the Iberian Peninsula.
Every tiny detail on the bike is the result of hours of research and development; each design line carefully considered, each component hand selected to provide the best possible riding experience, without compromise.
So when you mount an Orbea bike you can be sure of its quality, you know its pedigree, you know where it comes from. Now it’s up to you where to take it next.