The Orbea MX 40 sits in the middle of the MX range with a Hexatubing aluminium frame. The MX has a Compact Geometry that allows for a more upright riding position which in turn aims to reduce fatigue and allows for a more controllable position.
The durable frame features internal cable routing, which prevents dirt build up and allows for smoother cable movement.
The MX 40 has an upgraded front which allows for 100mm of travel over the MX 50, including upgraded drive components.
- Bike/Rider Type: XC
- Ideal Use: Fire Roads, Cross country
- Frame: Orbea Hexatubing aluminum. Mx Compact Geometry.
- Fork: SR Suntour XCM RL-Coil 100mm QR
- Headset: 1-1/8" Semi-Integrated
- Stem: Orbea OC-II
- Handlebar: Orbea OC-I Riser 720mm
- Front Brake: Shimano M315 Hydraulic Disc
- Rear Brake: Shimano M315 Hydraulic Disc
- Gear Shifters: Shimano M310
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Altus M313 31.8mm
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus M310
- Crankset: Shimano TY501 24x34x42t
- Cassette: Shimano HG200 12-32t 8-Speed
- Pedals: VP-536 Black
- Wheelset: Orbea Black Rock 23c Disc
- Front Tyres: Kenda K1153 2.35" 30TPI
- Rear Tyres: Kenda K1153 2.35" 30TPI
- Saddle: Selle Royal 2062
- Seatpost: Orbea OC-I 27.2x400mm
With a family of bicycles designed to suit every rider, Orbea offer a bike for every step of the ride, from full suspension Enduro mountain bikes to featherweight Grand Tour racing steeds. Bikes for sheer enjoyment, for unending miles through the forest, and for the pinnacle of performance.