The Orca M30 is not your everyday road bike, it is not for the casual rider, it doesn’t offer a relaxed neutral ride position, but it is incredibly fast. It is built for the rider who can sustain the watts even through winter, that guy who is always King of the Mountain, those dedicated hardmen, hardwomen and cycling superstars who never consider quitting early.
This rapid machine is built by Orbea, one of the oldest bike manufacturers in the world who were born in the foothills of the Basque region. They know a thing or two about mountains, and this shines through in their designs. The Orca is more than capable of taking on the hilliest of stages, and it will do it with speed and grace. The Orca uses Orbea’s Dynamic Structure Stiffness technology, which allows a large majority of torsional and lateral loads to be handled by the lower spine of the frame. The headtube, downtube and chainstays are shaped to resist twisting and transmit maximum power to the rear wheel to drive you forwards, something that makes this incredible bike so quick. And, large cross-sections and resistance to flex in the bottom of the frame translate directly into more watts on the road and the sensation that power transfer is instantaneous.
To perfect control and traction Orbea have given the Orca thinner seat stays, reducing the cross-sections and diameters which allows it to handle rough roads without compromising on global rigidity.
- Frame - Orbea Orca carbon OME, monocoque,tapered 1-1/8" - 1,5", PF 86mm, powermeter compatible, brake internal cable routing, EC/DC compatible, 130mm rear spacing, 27,2mm seat tube.
- Cable Routing - Brake internal cable routing
- Fork - Orca OME carbon fork, full carbon steerer, tapered 1-1/8" - 1,5", carbon dropouts. Stem - Orbea OC-II
- Handlebars - FSA Omega Compact
- Brakes Calipers - Shimano 105 5800
- Brake / Gear Lever - Shimano 105 5800
- Rims - Vision Team 30 Comp Clincher
- Tyres - Vittoria Rubino Foldable 700x25 60TPI G+
- Front Derailleur - Shimano 105 5801
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano 105 5800
- Chainset - Shimano 105 5800 34x50t
- Cassette - Shimano 105 5800 11-28t 11-Speed
- Saddle - Prologo Kappa RS STN size 143mm
- Seatpost - Orbea OC-II Carbon 27.2x350mm
Founded over 140 years ago, in Spain’s mountainous Basque region, Orbea is one of the world’s oldest cycling companies and a custodian of the traditions, roots and heritage of the sport.
Expertise gained over this long history - which by the company's own admission encompasses both successes and failures - has moulded Orbea into what it is today; a market leader renowned for its meticulous attention to detail and technical mastery reminiscent of Spanish form from the days of the Arab conquerors of the Iberian Peninsula.
Every tiny detail on the bike is the result of hours of research and development; each design line carefully considered, each component hand selected to provide the best possible riding experience, without compromise.
So when you mount an Orbea bike you can be sure of its quality, you know its pedigree, you know where it comes from. Now it’s up to you where to take it next.