The waterproof Downtown2 QL2.1 is your trustful companion in daily life. The 20 litre volume main compartment takes everything you need for a day in the city: your kids‘ drinking bottles on the way to kindergarten, your presentation for work or your laptop for today‘s business meeting, this briefcase will handle it all and offers safe storage for all needs. A padded laptop sleeve for notebooks up to size 15.6", an organizer with two zippered pockets, a pen holder and a key snaphook keep things tidy.
The ORTLIEB QL2.1 system allows fast and easy single-handed mounting and removal of the panniers, and is suitable for racks with a tube diameters up to 16 mm (hook inserts for diameters of 8, 10 and 12 mm are included). Once the panniers are hooked into the rack, the mounting components close automatically. For taking off the rack you simply lift the handle. A 20 mm hook is available as optional accessory. The hook rail on the lower rear side of the pannier that serves for additional fixation is made of a two-component synthetic combination with anti-scratch function. This reduces abrasions on the carrier and prevents damage to the rack tubing. Thanks to the QL2.1 mounting hook rotatable in 45° steps the system is compatible with almost any bike rack.
Convenient features such as the fold-down flap which is adjustable in height, the stable shape and base feet assist in making loading easier. With a padded shoulder strap the briefcase can be comfortably carried for walking. A subtle elegant bag which does not reveal at first sight that it‘s actually a bike pannier. Downtown2 is manufactured in Germany and is offered in two material versions: a PVC-coated polyester fabric or a PVC-free Cordura fabric.
- Waterproof briefcase (single bag) with flap closure adjustable in height
- Available in two material versions: PU-laminated Cordura or PVC-laminated polyester
- Quick access flap closure with one metal hook
- QL2.1 system for racks up to 16 mm, compatible with all standard racks up to 16 mm diameter, adjustable without any tools
- Including reduction pieces for tube diameters 8, 10 and 12 mm with anti-scratch function preventing abrasions on the carrier
- Thanks to the rotatable mounting the bag can be mounted on the left (standard) or the right side
- For mounting on the right side: open the outer screws on the bar, remove caps on back side of the bag, rotate the bar and fix the screws, put caps onto previous no longer used holes and tighten screws
- Lower hook rail made of two-component "hard-soft" synthetic prevents abrasions on carrier
- Padded sleeve for laptop or mobile end devices (10.6 in. x 15.7 in. x 1.2 in.)
- Inner compartments with pockets
- Carrying handle and wide, adjustable and removable padded shoulder strap
- Reflective Ortlieb logo
- Two highly luminous 3M Scothlite reflectors