The ORTLIEB Vario is a product long wished for: the newly developed bag has a double function: it can be used as backpack thanks to its removable carrying system or as pannier with its Quick-Lock2.1 mounting system. It is the perfect solution for passionate touring and mountain bikers who continue to climb the top at the end of the trail, or for a stroll through town by bike or on foot.
The padded carrying system offers top comfort, and the adjustable shoulder and chest straps are individually adjustable. When used as bike pannier, the carrying system can be easily taken off and stowed away in the zippered front pocket.
The ORTLIEB QL2.1 system allows fast and easy single-handed mounting and removal of the panniers, and is suitable for racks with a tube diameters up to 16 mm (hook inserts for diameters of 8, 10 and 12 mm are included). Once the panniers are hooked into the rack, the mounting components close automatically. For taking off the rack you simply lift the handle. A 20 mm hook is available as optional accessory. The hook rail on the lower rear side of the pannier that serves for additional fixation is made of a two-component synthetic combination with anti-scratch function. This reduces abrasions on the carrier and prevents damage to the rack tubing. Thanks to the QL2.1 mounting hook rotatable in 45° steps the system is compatible with almost any bike rack.
The abrasion and tear resistant PS 33 Cordura fabric is 100% waterproof and super light weight. Two neoprene outer pockets (not waterproof!) offer room for drinking bottles etc. Further features: inner pocket, carrying handle, helmet flap and two large 3M reflectors.
- Waterproof backpack with roll closure and QL2.1 mounting system
- Can be used as pannier or backpack
- QL2.1 mounting system compatible with racks up to 16 mm tube diameter
- Including reduction pieces for tube diameters 8, 10 and 12 mm; with anti-scratch function reducing abrasions on rack
- QL2.1 hooks adjustable without any tools
- Tear and abrasion resistant nylon fabric
- Padded carrying system with chest and waist strap can be stowed away in the zippered front pocket (not waterproof!)
- Quick and simple mounting of carrying system to rear of bag
- 2 lateral neoprene outer pockets (not waterproof)
- Integrated fixing for bike helmet
- Size fits DIN A4 documents and 15,4" notebooks
- Inner pocket
- 2 reflectors
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £3.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 2 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £30, otherwise £2.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.