Scott have been for a long time renowned in the world of mountain biking and creating perfectly balanced, exceptionally well made trail bikes, and the 2016 Genius range does not disappoint.
- BT_CS_bikes: full suspension
Scott have been for a long time renowned in the world of mountain biking and creating perfectly balanced, exceptionally well made trail bikes, and the 2016 Genius range does not disappoint. Featuring many cutting-edge technologies developed by Scott, the Genius 740 has been dubbed as the ultimate trail bike, but at a fraction of the cost.
. Designed around adjustable geometry, the bottom bracket can be affected by 7mm which also affects the head tube angle by 0.5 degrees. The IDS SL dropout system works with 142x12mm, 135x12mm and 135x5mm QR rear axle standards and boasts enhanced lateral stiffness for a more aggressive and controlled ride. Constructed out of Scottâ€™s 6061 custom butted alloy and set-up with a Fox 32 Float delivering 130mm of plush travel, the Genius 740 will rip through the trail at speed as well conquer climbs with ease. With Scott being at the forefront of mountain biking, you know youâ€™ll get quality when you ride the Genius 740.
- Rider Type -
- Trail Bike
- Ideal Use -
- All terrain (All Mountain)
- Genius Alloy 6061 custom butted / Hydroformed tubes / tapered Headtube / BB92 / IDS SL DM dropout for / 142x12mm / U-Mono Link / rear 180PM / BB height adj.
- FOX 32 Float Performance Air / FIT4 3-Modes / 15mm QR axle / tapered steerer / Lockout / reb. Adj.
- Rear Shock:
- FOX Float Performance Elite / 3 modes / DPS / Lockout - Trail - Descend / reb. Adj.
- Syncros Comp / Tapered 1.5" - 1 1/8" / semi integ. OD 50/61mm / ID 44/55mm
- Syncros TR2.0 / 6061 / 4D forged / oversize 31.8mm / 1 1/8" / 700 Series: +6Â° / 900 Series: -6Â°
- Syncros FL2.0 T-Bar / Alloy 6061 D.B. / T shape Flat / 9Â° / 740mm
- Front Brake:
- Shimano SLX M675 Disc 180/mm SM-RT54 CL Rotor
- Rear Brake:
- Shimano SLX M675 Disc 180mm SM-RT54 CL Rotor
- Brake Levers:
- Shimano SLX M675
- Gear Shifters:
- Shimano Deore SL-M610-I / Rapidfire Plus / 2 way release / Ispecs
- Front Derailleur:
- Shimano Deore FD-M618-E / DM
- Rear Derailleur:
- Shimano XT RD-M781 SGS / DM / Shadow Type / 20 Speed
- Shimano FC-M627 / 2-piece Design / 700 Series: 38x24 T / 900 Series: 36x22 T
- Shimano CS-HG50-10 / 11-36 T
- Shimano HB-M618 CL / 15mm (F) Shimano FH-M618 CL 142x12mm / DT RWS axle (R) hubs on Syncros X-23 / Eyelets / 32H rims
- Front Tyres:
- Schwalbe / Nobby Nic / 2.25 / Kevlar bead / Performance Series
- Rear Tyres:
- Schwalbe / Rocket Ron / 2.25 / Kevlar bead / Performance Series
- Syncros XM2.0 / CROM rails
- Syncros FL2.5 / 31.6mm
- 27.5 inch wheels
- When discussing the pros and cons of the big wheeled bikes, shorter riders find themselves in an ambivalent situation. They want to benefit from the 29â€� wheels, but suffer from the negative effects when fit is considered. Additionally, the increase in rotational weight challenges many lower watt producing riders, so the performance gains are negated when the rider cannot accelerate the wheel system as quickly. The solution for many riders is 27,5â€�. The new wheelsize standard combines the best of both worlds, 29â€� and 26â€�.
- Adjustable BB Height
- The Spark, Genius and Genius LT employ an adjuThe Spark, Genius and Genius LT employ an adjustable geometry by way of a shock mount chip in the linkage. By changing the shock mount chip--simply removing it and flipping it in either mounting position--you affect the bottom bracket height by 7mm, which also affects the head tube angle by 0.5 degrees.
- Direct Post Mount
- We've saved even more weight by eliminating bulky brake hardware for mounting the rear caliper and integrated a direct post mount to the chain stay. This mounting position also decreases the load the brakes apply to the swingarm parts.
- Productcode: Q1110254