The Hyperglide (HG-X) series 10-speed directional Dyna-Sys compatible chain has been designed for use with 10-speed MTB drivetrains. This HG-X Chain uses a directional design with specifically shaped inner and outer plates to optimise shifting over the chainset and cassette.
- Outer plate design has been developed to reduce the chance of chain suck
- The inner plate has been developed for better contact with gears providing smoother shifting under high load, giving efficient pedalling, increased rigidity and near silent running
- Durability is assured through a chromising treatment on link pins, and the heat treatment of rollers, pins, and plates
- Open design of inner links increase mud shedding ability
- Mushrooming of the pins gives unsurpassed side-plate retention, enabling the chain to far exceed the BS/ISO standard for breaking force
- Chain is optimised for Shimano 10-speed HG-X MTB drivetrains only
- Corrosion-resistant grey finish on inner and outer plates
- 116 links, 274 grams
Shimano manufactures a wide range of components for all types of bikes and riders and are best known for their groupsets, wheels and shoes. The innovative company’s components, such as the Di2 electrical components are used in high end road bikes.