Shimano's Direct Mount compatible Rear Derailleur system gives more space around the rear frame drop-out resulting in easier rear wheel removal but also allows frame designers to shorten chain stays, increase axel sizes and move suspension pivots. This Deore XT Shadow Dyna-Sys11 11-speed rear derailleur delivers reliable and precise shifting with a stiff and lightweight open design, whilst the direct mount gives a simpler, cleaner look.
- Shadow features a super low profile design that reduces the risk of damage from trail side hazards
- The shadow plus chain stabilizer tension can easily be adjusted externally via a hex key
- Shadow Plus uses a chain stabilising switch that when on will reduce chain bounce in rough terrain maintaining more stable drive and shifting. This can be switched off to remove the wheelShadow design slant angle has been optimized for use with 40-42T sprockets
- Direct cable routing prevents snagging from any trail side hazards
- Four fluorine-coated link pin bushings make this one of the slickest shifting derailleurs on the trails
- High rigidity wide outer link braces the pulley body to increase pivot joint rigidity resulting in a crisp shift
- Strong return spring for a positive shifting feel
- Durable sealed bearing pulleys
- 40T (42T for 1x 11-speed) capacity GS cage
Shimano manufactures a wide range of components for all types of bikes and riders and are best known for their groupsets, wheels and shoes. The innovative company’s components, such as the Di2 electrical components are used in high end road bikes.