As a pure-bred racing machine, the Specialized Crux Elite 2020 is more than just an adventure bike with a bit more tyre clearance. This 'cross rig is completely geared for clearing courses and winning races thanks to some incredibly well thought out engineering. Like all previous versions of Specialized's CruX, the Elite is fast, confident and lightweight with specs and geometry worthy of winning the Cyclocross World Championships.
Every cyclocross champ will tell you that races are won over the barriers and in the corners, so Specialized put a lot of effort into optimizing the Crux Elite in these areas. The geometry features a sharp front end and a low bottom bracket making you more stable around corners and throughout off-camber sections no matter the terrain. A flat-bottomed top tube paired with a large open front triangle makes the frame easier to shoulder when it comes time to hop off and clear barriers.
This frame offers the same ride characteristics across every size in the range thanks to Specialized’s Rider-First Engineered technology. Size-specific tubes and layups mean that every rider can feel comfortable and confident riding a bike made to fit them. Weighing in at only 900 grams for a 56cm (*dependent on frame size and colour) the lightweight frame still finds the perfect balance between stiffness and compliance in all the right places. Adding to the frame’s success are some great components. A super-reliable Sram Rival 1 hydraulic disc groupset works smoothly alongside a tough DT R470 Disc wheel set and some 2Bliss Ready, 700x33mm Tracer Pro tyres. Throw in eight millimetres of clearance on all sides of a 33mm tire maximum mud-shedding ability and you have a race-worthy rig that’s ready to score you a new personal best.
- Frame–FACT 11r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, 1-3/8" lower bearing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Fork–S-Works FACT 11r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- Stem–Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- Handlebars–Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- Bar Tape–Specialized CX Pro Gel
- Brakes–SRAM Rival 1, flat-mount disc
- Shifters–SRAM Rival 1
- Front Derailleur -
- Rear Derailleur–SRAM Rival 1, long cage
- Chainset–Praxis Zayante M30, 1x direct-mount, Praxis Wave Tech, 40T
- Chain–KMC X11 EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- Cassette–SRAM PG-1130, 11-32t
- Bottom Bracket–Praxis M30
- Wheelset–DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- Inner Tubes–Presta valve, 48mm
- Tyres–Tracer Pro, 2Bliss Ready, 700x33mm
- Saddle–Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails
- Seat Post–S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset
- Seat Clamp–Included w/ frame
- Pedals–Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/reflectors
Not The Bike For You?
Urban Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 12 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.