The Diverge E5 2019 from Specialized is equipped with everything you need to head to work, take the long way home, or hit some fire roads on the weekend.
Tyre clearance was one of the core improvements on previous Specialized Diverge models. The new frame comfortably fits up to 700x38mm tyres with plenty of room for mud. Along with tyre clearance, weight is a large factor in the design of this bike, Specialized developed an E5 Premium aluminium frame that’s plenty light, certainly stiff for hard efforts, and undeniable tough.
The traditional ‘cross geometry has been replaced with Open Road Geometry, a Specialized developed concept that is a road version of modern trail bike geometry. It provides playful handling and predictable steering for endless dirt skids and mid-corner drifts. The geo features a bottom bracket that's over a half-centimetre lower than the previous Diverge, a slacked-out head tube angle, short chainstays, and a short wheelbase. These changes make for a bike that's not only fun in the dirt, but also performs well on the road. This bike also comes with three water bottle mounts, plus mounts for racks and fenders. For the spec, Specialized wanted to make sure that it shifted crisply and braked smoothly for years to come, so you'll find a Shimano Claris groupset, hassle-free mechanical disc brakes, and a durable Axis Sport Disc wheelset that's been cased in fast-rolling Espoir Sport tyres.
- Frame–Specialized E5 Premium Aluminum, Open Road Geometry, threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Fork–Specialized FACT carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- Stem–Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- Handlebars–Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- Tape–Specialized S-Wrap
- Front Brake–Tektro Mira, flat-mount, mechanical disc
- Rear Brake–Tektro Mira, flat-mount, mechanical disc
- Shifter Levers–Shimano Claris 2000, 8-speed
- Front Wheel–Axis Sport Disc
- Rear Wheel–Axis Sport Disc
- Inner Tubes–Presta valve, 48mm
- Bottom Bracket–BSA, square-taper, 68mm
- Chainset–Shimano Claris R200
- Chain–KMC X8 w/ Missing Link™, 8-speed
- Cassette–SunRace, 8-speed, 11-34t
- Front Derailleur–Shimano Claris, 8-speed, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano Claris, 8-speed
- Tyres–Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x30mm
- Saddle–Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- Seatpost–Alloy, 2-bolt clamp
- Seat Binder–Diverge rack-mount seat collar
- Pedals–Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/ reflectors
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £30, otherwise £2.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.