Diverge E5 Comp 2019 is a capable and versatile urban bike that can do it all. Adept at almost every kind of riding subject, it was made for exploring new roads, commuting to class, and everything in between.
Tyre clearance was one of the core improvements on previous Specialized Diverge models. The 2019 frame comfortably fits up to 700x38mm tyres with plenty of room for mud. Along with tyre clearance, weight is a large factor in the design of this bike, Specialized developed an E5 Premium aluminium frame that’s plenty light, certainly stiff for hard efforts, and undeniably tough.
The traditional ‘cross geometry has been replaced with Open Road Geometry, a Specialized developed concept that is a road version of modern trail bike geometry. It provides playful handling and predictable steering for endless dirt skids and mid-corner drifts. The geo features a bottom bracket that's over a half-centimetre lower than the previous Diverge, a slacked-out head tube angle, short chainstays, and a short wheelbase. These changes make for a bike that's not only fun in the dirt, but also performs well on the road.
And while riding gravel and dirt roads on a road bike may add to the adventure, there’s only so much that wider tyres with lower pressures can absorb, in terms of bumps. With this in mind, Specialized's Future Shock was included into the Diverge design. It not only soaks up bumps with ease, but also adds the benefit of extremely predictable handling. That's because the wheelbase isn’t lengthening when you hit a bump, so the front end of the Diverge keeps the same effective head tube angle. In other words, when you dive hard into a turn, you won’t be surprised by under-steer or sloppy handling. The Diverge's version of Future Shock features a progressive spring that makes this technology more suitable for off-road applications, where stiffer suspension is often needed to soak-up larger bumps and obstacles.
Adding to its versatility are three wat
- Frame–Specialized E5 Premium Aluminum, Future Shock Progressive suspension, 20mm of travel, threaded bottom bracket 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Fork–Specialized FACT carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- Stem–Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- Handlebars–Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- Bar Tape–Specialized S-Wrap
- Brakes–Tektro Spyre Mechanical disc Brake, 160mm
- Shift Levers–Shimano 105 R7000, 11-speed
- Front Derailleur–Shimano 105
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano 105 R7000, long cage, 11-speed
- Chainset–Praxis Alba M30
- Chain–KMC X11 EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- Cassette–Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-34t
- Bottom Bracket–Praxis, external bearings, threaded, 68mm
- Inner Tubes–Presta valve, 48mm
- Wheelset–Axis Sport Disc
- Tyres–Espoir Sport Reflect, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x30mm
- Saddle–Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- Seat post–Alloy, 2-bolt clamp
- Seat Binder–Diverge rack-mount seat collar
- Pedals–Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/ reflectors
- Next Day Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Order before 4pm Sunday - Friday
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.