The McLaren TT Carbon Helmet is the fastest aerodynamic cycling helmet in the world. Through collaboration with McLaren, Specialized have adopted new and better ways of interpreting data from the tunnels and from computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis. Together, they were able to apply F1-winning aerodynamic knowledge and expertise to the unique needs of professional cycling, with the goal of making racers faster by reducing one of their greatest obstacles: air itself.
- Drag reducing profile: Sculpted in the wind tunnel, refined by computational fluid dynamics (CFD), nothing is faster.
- Dual density foam construction: Specialized's dual density foam allows for an ultra-thin profile, creating a more aerodynamic frontal area without compromising safety.
- Gill vent & exhaust port: Working together, this patent-pending system reduces drag and increases ventilation.
- Wind tunnel research: Over sixty new concept models tested during eight days of wind tunnel testing.
- Near identical drag profile regardless of head position or crosswind situation
- Productcode: P1120216