Whether you've been riding trails for decades or you're just starting out on your XC journey, the Women's Rockhopper Comp 29 2019 is here to take your rides to the next level.
It starts with the new A1 aluminium frame that has optimized tube shapes that save weight while dramatically improving aesthetics. To go along with these clean new lines, the new Rockhopper also has internal cable routing to further clean up the frame. Lastly, the Sport XC 29 geometry adjusts the reach, angles, and standover height to make for an improved fit across the size range. This is sure to keep you ripping and confident while heading both up and down the trail.
This Rockhopper comes with a no-nonsense spec featuring a mixed Shimano drivetrain, dependable Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, grippy Ground Control and Fast Trak tyres that add traction over any trail, and an SR Suntour XCM 29 fork with our custom Multi-Circuit damping that eliminates the "pogo" feel commonly associated with coil forks. You'll also find that we paid special attention to the needs of female riders, which is why every width and length of the components is tailored to women, while the Body Geometry Myth Sport saddle is sure to deliver comfort, mile after mile along the trail.
The frame is constructed from lightweight A1 aluminium in order to provide a compliant, durable platform to support our acclaimed XC Sport 29 Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's more than efficient on climbs and descends just as well.
The SR Suntour XCM fork puts out 80/90/100mm (size-specific) of plush and reactive travel, provided by coil-sprung suspension that's custom-tuned for lighter riders.
A Shimano Acera rear derailleur controls the rear shifting along a wide gear range, 11-36t, so you can ride confidently knowing that you'll always have the right gear for the hill at hand.
- Frame–A1 Alloy, Sport XC 29 Geometry, zero-stack head tube, internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable Alloy derailleur hanger
- Fork–SR Suntour XCM 29, coil spring, custom Multi-Circuit damping, quick-release, 46mm offset, 80/90/100mm of travel (size-specific)
- Stem–Stout 3D-forged Alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
- Handlebars–Stout XC, double-butted Alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 31.8mm
- Grips–Specialized MTB Grip, lock-on
- Front Brake–Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160/180mm
- Rear Brake–Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- Shifters–Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- Front Derailleur–microSHIFT FD-M462, 2-speed
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano Acera, 9-speed
- Chainset–Stout, forged Alloy, 2x9, Steel, 36/22T
- Chain–KMC X9EPT, 9-speed, anti-corrosion coating w/ reusable Missing Link™
- Cassette–SunRace, 9-Speed, 11-36t
- Bottom Bracket–Square taper, 73mm, internal bearings
- Front Hub–Shimano, Center Lock™ disc, 9x100mm spacing, quick-release, 28h
- Rear Hub–Shimano, Center Lock™ disc, 9x135mm spacing, quick-release, 32h
- Rims–Specialized Alloy 29, 25mm internal width, disc-specific
- Spokes–Stainless, 14g
- Inner Tubes–Schrader, 40mm valve
- Front Tyre–Ground Control Sport, 29x2.3"
- Rear Tyre–Fast Trak Sport, 29x2.1"
- Saddle–Myth Sport, steel rails, 155mm
- Seat Post–Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm
- Seat Clamp–Alloy, QR clamp, 34.9mm
- Pedals–Specialized Dirt
Not The Bike For You?
Mountain Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 2 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.