The Rockhopper Expert 29 2019 is the perfect bike to begin your dive into the XC world. That's because Specialized built it to be light, durable, and exceedingly capable.
It starts with the new A1 SL Alloy frame that features Boost™ QR 141 spacing, internal cable routing, and optimized tube shapes that save weight and give clean lines to the frame. Lastly, our Sport XC 29 geometry adjusts the reach, angles, and standover height to make for an improved fit across the size range. This is sure to keep you ripping and confident while heading both up and down the trail.
This Rockhopper comes spec'd with a mix of durable Shimano components, powerful Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, a grippy Ground Control front tyre and Fast Trak at the rear, and an SR Suntour XCR-Air fork with just the right amount of travel.
The frame is constructed from lightweight A1 SL aluminium in order to provide a compliant, durable platform to support our acclaimed XC Sport 29 Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's more than efficient on climbs and descends just as well.
SR Suntour XCR-Air fork features 80/90/100mm (size-specific) of suspension travel that swings well above its weight class.
Shimano Deore rear derailleur provides crisp, reliable shifting that you can count on when the going gets rough. With it, you'll be able to precisely move through the wide gear range to make cruising the flats almost as easy climbing those hills.
- Frame–A1 SL Aluminum, Sport XC 29 Geometry, tapered head tube, internal cable routing, Boost QR 141x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable Alloy derailleur hanger
- Fork–SR Suntour XCR-Air 29, rebound adjust, air spring, 46mm offset, 80/90/100mm of travel (size-specific)
- Stem–Stout 3D-forged Alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
- Handlebars–Stout XC, double-butted Alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 31.8mm
- Grips–Specialized MTB Grip, lock-on
- Front Brake–Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160/180mm
- Rear Brake–Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- Shifters–Shimano Acera, RapidFire Plus, 9-speed
- Front Derailleur–microSHIFT FD-M462, 2-speed
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano Deore 9-speed
- Chainset–Stout, forged Alloy, 2x9, Alloy, Steel, 36/22T
- Chain–KMC X9EPT, 9-speed, anti-corrosion coating w/ reusable Missing Link™
- Cassette–SunRace, 9-Speed, 11-36t
- Bottom Bracket–Square taper, 73mm, internal bearings
- Front Hub–Shimano, Center Lock™ disc, 9x100mm spacing, quick-release, 28h
- Rear Hub–Shimano, Center Lock™ disc, 9x141mm spacing, quick-release, 32h
- Rims–Stout XC 29, 25mm internal width, disc-specific, 2Bliss Ready
- Spokes–Stainless, 14g, black
- Inner Tubes–Presta, 40mm valve
- Front Tyre–Ground Control Sport, 29x2.3"
- Rear Tyre–Fast Trak Sport, 29x2.1"
- Saddle–Henge Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- Seat Post–Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm
- Seat Clamp–Alloy, QR clamp, 34.9mm
- Pedals–Specialized Dirt
- Next Day Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Order before 4pm Sunday - Friday
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.