The Women's Rockhopper Expert 29 2019 is the perfect bike to get you moving into the XC mountain bike world. That's because Specialized built it to be light, durable, and exceedingly capable, so the only obstacles you'll have to clear will be on the trail—not on your bike.
It starts with our new A1 SL Alloy frame that features Boost™ QR 141 spacing, internal cable routing, and optimized tube shapes that save weight and give clean lines to the frame. Lastly, our Sport XC 29 geometry adjusts the reach, angles, and standover height to make for an improved fit across the size range. This is sure to keep you ripping and confident while heading both up and down the trail.
This Rockhopper comes spec'd with a mix of durable Shimano components, powerful Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, grippy Ground Control and Fast Trak tyres, and an SR Suntour XCR-Air fork with just the right amount of travel. You'll also find that we paid special attention to the needs of female riders, which is why every width and length of the components is tailored to women, while the Body Geometry Myth Sport saddle is sure to deliver comfort, mile after mile along the trail.
The frame is constructed from lightweight A1 SL aluminium in order to provide a compliant, durable platform to support our acclaimed XC Sport 29 Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's more than efficient on climbs and descends just as well.
SR Suntour XCR-Air fork features 80/90/100mm (size-specific) of suspension travel that swings well above its weight class.
Shimano Deore rear derailleur provides crisp, reliable shifting that you can count on when the going gets rough. With it, you'll be able to precisely move through the wide gear range to make cruising the flats almost as easy climbing those hills.
- Frame–A1 SL Aluminum, Sport XC 29 Geometry, tapered head tube, internal cable routing, Boost QR 141x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable Alloy derailleur hanger
- Fork–SR Suntour XCR-Air 29, rebound adjust, air spring, 46mm offset, 80/90/100mm of travel (size-specific)
- Stem–Stout 3D-forged Alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
- Handlebars–Stout XC, double-butted Alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 31.8mm
- Grips–Specialized MTB Grip, lock-on
- Front Brake–Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160/180mm
- Rear Brake–Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- Shifters–Shimano Acera, RapidFire Plus, 9-speed
- Front Derailleur–microSHIFT FD-M462, 2-speed
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano Deore 9-speed
- Chainset–Stout, forged Alloy, 2x9, Alloy, 36/22T
- Chain–KMC X9EPT, 9-speed, anti-corrosion coating w/ reusable Missing Link™
- Cassette–SunRace, 9-Speed, 11-36t
- Bottom Bracket–Square taper, 73mm, internal bearings
- Front Hub–Shimano, Center Lock™ disc, 9x100mm spacing, quick-release, 28h
- Rear Hub–Shimano, Center Lock™ disc, 9x141mm spacing, quick-release, 32h
- Rims–Stout XC 29, 25mm internal width, disc-specific, 2Bliss Ready
- Spokes–Stainless, 14g, black
- Inner Tubes–Presta, 40mm valve
- Front Tyre–Ground Control Sport, 29x2.3"
- Rear Tyre–Fast Trak Sport, 29x2.1"
- Saddle–Myth Sport, steel rails, 155mm
- Seat Post–Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm
- Seat Clamp–Alloy, QR clamp, 34.9mm
- Pedals–Specialized Dirt
Not The Bike For You?
Mountain Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 12 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.