Looking for a bike to explore the road less traveled, while also keeping room in your wallet for a mid-ride cappuccino? Look no further than the Ruby Sport 2019 Womens.
The frame is among the lightest that Specialized have ever made, and it's been constructed from the superlative FACT 9r carbon fibre. Its stiffness levels are also off the charts, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry. Through some advanced, dedicated engineering, however, Specialized have managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that we've all come to love from the SL4's Women's Endurance Geometry. Of course, you're probably thinking, "get on to the suspension thing up front."
We call it Future Shock, and essentially, it's a piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. We developed this technology in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department. Without giving a physics lecture, Specialized found that focusing on vertical compliance, instead of fork splay, meant that they could improve smoothness, speed, and comfort in one fell swoop.
Lastly, Specialized spec'd it with a host of components that blur the lines between steadfast reliability and outright performance, like a mix of Shimano 105 and Tiagra shifting, powerful hydraulic disc brakes, durable DT R470 Disc wheels, and a women's-specific saddle.
Featuring our Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Ruby. The FACT 9r frameset holds its own with our highest-end carbon offerings, with the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness, while the all-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
Shimano's 105 shifting
- Frame–Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Women's Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat disc mounts
- Fork–Specialized FACT full-carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- Stem–Specialized, 3D-forged Alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- Handlebars–Specialized Comp Hover Bar, 6061 Alloy, 75x125mm w/ Di2 hole
- Bar Tape–S-Wrap Roubaix w/ sticky gel
- Front Brake–Shimano RS505, hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake–Shimano RS505, hydraulic disc
- Shifters–Shimano 105 R7020 hydraulic disc
- Front Derailleur–Shimano 105
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano 105
- Chainset–Praxis Alba M30, PF30, 50/34T
- Chain–KMC X10 Extra Lightweight, 11-speed
- Cassette–Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-34t
- Bottom Bracket–Praxis, external bearings, threaded, 68mm
- Wheelset–DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- Inner Tubes–Presta, 48mm valve
- Front Tyre–Turbo Pro, 700x28mm
- Rear Tyre–Turbo Pro, 700x28mm
- Saddle–Women's Body Geometry Myth Sport, 155mm, thin, steel rails
- Seat Post–Carbon, single-bolt, 30.9mm
- Seat Clamp–Included w/ frame
- Pedals–Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/ reflectors
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £30, otherwise £2.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.