The Sequoia is the bike designed by Specialized to be a versatile urban bike that is an excellent choice for bikepacking, light touring and gravel riding. This bike was inspired by the past when there were no 'road bikes' and 'touring bikes'—there were just bikes, but that never stopped the original tourers from heading out into the wilderness. The Sequoia reshaping long-held ideas, and it's forever changing what we'll come to expect from a bike.
This path to adventure started at the frame. It's constructed from Premium Cr-Mo and stainless steel tubing, materials are coveted for their strength, respectable weight, and tuned ride quality. All tubes are individually specific to frame size so every frame is strong, light, and capable, while being sized to ride exactly as the designers intended.The unique Adventure Geometry skews the line between a traditional road bike and a dedicated touring rig which provides the rider with ample confidence over rough and smooth terrain, alike. A large wheelbase and low bottom bracket were included for control, but the chainstays and tube angles ensure that you'll be able to travel efficiently and quickly, regardless of whether or not your rig is loaded.
The frame has a number of mounts for water, racks, and fenders so you'll be well equipped whenever adventure strikes. Sequoia has a Cro-Mo fork and reliable parts - like a mix of sturdy Shimano components, fuss-free mechanical disc brakes, and hand-built Hayfield wheels that are cased in 38mm-wide, 2Bliss Ready Sawtooth tyres. Specialized Adventure Gear Hover handlebars put you into a comfortable position when cruising on the tops, but also provide a wide grip for when the descents get gnarly. The Praxis Alba M24 crankset is plenty durable, and with its 48/32T chainring configuration, it provides plenty of range for a variety of adventure riding.
- Frame - Specialized Premium Cr-Mo, size-specific tubing, Adventure Geometry, fender/rack mounts
- Fork - Specialized Cr-Mo, internal light cable routing, flat-mount disc, water bottle/rack/fender mounts
- Stem - Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- Handlebars - Specialized Adventure Gear Hover; 103mm drop x 70mm reach x 12d flare
- Bar Tape - Anza canvas tape
- Brakes - Tektro Spyre, 160mm
- Shift Levers - Shimano Sora, 9-speed
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Sora, 9-speed, 34.9mm w/28.6mm adapter
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Sora, 9-speed
- Chainset - Praxis Alba, M24, 110 BCD
- Chain - KMC X9EPT, 9-speed, anti-corrosion coating w/ reusable Missing Link™
- Cassette - SunRace, 9-speed, 11-34t
- Bottom Bracket - Praxis, M24 BSA, threaded
- Front Hub - Hayfield, anodized
- Rear Hub - Hayfield, anodized
- Rims - 700C alloy, clincher, 18.5mm depth, 25mm internal width, rim brake, 32h
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £30, otherwise £2.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.