If you've ever felt torn between a "traditional" road bike and a dedicated touring rig, you're not alone. But now, the Sequoia Elite gives you both by combining the two into one genre-bending bike. It has everything you need to hit the road and never look back.
The Sequoia's path to adventure starts at the frame, which we constructed from Premium Cr-Mo tubing. This material is coveted for its strength, respectable weight, and tuned ride quality. And Specialized took this a step further by selecting tubes that are specific to each frame size, further ensuring that every frame rides exactly as we intended.
Of course, this is only a piece of the equation, with the next being its dedicated Adventure Geometry. This geometry is unique in that it skews the line between a traditional road bike and a dedicated touring rig. You'll find an ample wheelbase and low bottom bracket for control, but the chainstays and tube angles ensure that you'll be able to travel efficiently and quickly, regardless of whether or not your rig is loaded.
Digging into the details, the frame is outfitted with an ample number of mounts for water, racks, and fenders. And for the build, Specialized included a carbon fork and reliable parts, like a mix of SRAM Force 1 shift levers, powerful hydraulic disc brakes, and hand-built Hayfield wheels that are cased in 38mm-wide, 2Bliss Ready Sawtooth tyres.
The Sequoia is built from our size-specific Premium Cr-Mo tubing. This ensures that every frame is strong, light, and capable, while every frame size rides exactly as we intended. This philosophy is furthered with our Adventure Geometry that provides ample confidence over rough and smooth terrain, alike. And lastly, we equipped this frame with fender & rack mounts to make sure you'll be well equipped whenever adventure strikes.
Specialized Adventure Gear Hover handlebars put you into a comfortable position when cruising on the tops, but also provide a wide grip for
- Frame–Specialized Premium Cr-Mo, size-specific tubing, Adventure Geometry, fender/rack mounts
- Fork–Specialized FACT carbon, tapered, internal light cable routing, flat-mount disc, water bottle/rack/fender mounts
- Stem–Specialized, 3D-forged Alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- Handlebars–Specialized Adventure Gear Hover; 103mm drop x 70mm reach x 12d flare
- Bar Tape–Anza canvas tape
- Front Brake–SRAM Apex, hydraulic disc, 160mm Rotor
- Rear Brake–SRAM Apex, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- Shifters–SRAM Apex 1
- Front Derailleur -
- Rear Derailleur–SRAM Apex 1, long cage, 11-speed
- Chainset–Praxis Alba, Wave Tech, 1x, 38T
- Chain–Sram PC1130 w/ Powerlink, 11-speed
- Cassette–SunRace, 11-speed, 11-42t
- Bottom Bracket–Included w/ crankset
- Front Hub–Hayfield, anodized
- Rear Hub–Hayfield, anodized
- Rims–700C Alloy, clincher, 18.5mm depth, 25mm internal width, rim brake, 32h
- Spokes–Stainless, 14g
- Wheelset–Hand-built wheel assembly
- Inner Tubes–Presta valve, 48mm
- Front Tyre–Sawtooth 2Bliss Ready, 700x38mm
- Rear Tyre–Sawtooth 2Bliss Ready, 700x38mm
- Saddle–Anza, hollow Cr-Mo rails, aluminum bumper
- Seat Clamp–Specialized, Alloy, 29.8mm
- Pedals–Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/ reflectors
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £30, otherwise £2.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.