If you plan on racing a Grand Tour this summer, sure, go rock that S-Works. But if you're on the hunt for a glorious ride that can smash both a local crit and your friends on the weekends, you'll feel right at home on the Tarmac Disc Expert.
In order cut some grams from the Tarmac, but to also ensure that it's stiff and compliant in exactly the right places, we took major steps to improving our Rider-First Engineered™ technology. From different layup schedules and materials, to visibly different forks, we scrutinized every single aspect of the Tarmac to ensure you're getting the perfect ride. With this revamp, we also updated the geometry, basing it on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
And while stiffness aids in the aforementioned, compliance must also be utilized for an optimal ride quality. That's why we designed a seatpost that builds compliance into the upper 120mm where clamping doesn't happen, dropped the seatstays, and altered the seat tube shape. We also added tire clearance up to 30mm, which translates to a 28mm Turbo Cotton on a Roval C 38 Disc wheel. This allows lower pressures for decreased rolling resistance, increased traction, and more comfort. Altogether, these additions still have the Tarmac riding like a true race-machine, but it also takes a bit of the sting out of road imperfections. You'll thank us on your next long ride.
But why disc brakes? The real question is "why not?" They offer superior braking power and modulation, work exceptionally well in wet weather, and offer a very, very minor weight addition. All this means that you have more control and can go faster with more confidence.
- Frame - Tarmac SL6, FACT 10r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, clean routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Fork - FACT 10r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Stem - Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- Handlebars - Specialized Expert Shallow Drop, alloy, 125mm drop x 75mm reach
- Bar Tape - Tarmac SL6 clamp assembly
- Brakes - Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc
- Front Wheel - Roval C 38 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, 38mm depth, 24h
- Rear Wheel - Roval C 38 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, 38mm depth, 24h
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Ultegra R8000, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur - 52/36TShimano Ultegra R8000-GS, medium cage
- Chainset - 52/36T
- Cassette - Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-speed, 11-30t
- Front Tyre - S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- Rear Tyre - S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- Saddle - Toupe Expert Gel, 143mm, hollow titanium rails, Adaptive Edge
- Seatpost - S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £30, otherwise £2.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.