Whether you're racing friends on the weekend, snagging a new KOM or PR, or mixing it up in a local road race, the Tarmac Disc Pro it the purpose-built to do it with.
In order cut some grams from the Tarmac, but to also ensure that it's stiff and compliant in exactly the right places, we took major steps to improving our Rider-First Engineered™ technology. From different layup schedules and materials, to visibly different forks, we scrutinized every single aspect of the Tarmac to ensure you're getting the perfect ride. With this revamp, we also updated the geometry, basing it on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
And while stiffness aids in the aforementioned, compliance must also be utilized for an optimal ride quality. That's why we designed a seatpost that builds compliance into the upper 120mm where clamping doesn't happen, dropped the seatstays, and altered the seat tube shape. We also added tire clearance up to 30mm, which translates to a 28mm Turbo Cotton on a Roval CL 50 Disc wheel. This allows lower pressures for decreased rolling resistance, increased traction, and more comfort. Altogether, these additions still have the Tarmac riding like a true race-machine, but it also takes a bit of the sting out of road imperfections. You'll thank us on your next long ride.
But why disc brakes? The real question is "why not?" They offer superior braking power and modulation, work exceptionally well in wet weather, and offer a very, very minor weight addition. All this means that you have more control and can go faster with more confidence.
- Frame - Tarmac SL6, FACT 10r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, clean routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Fork - FACT 10r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Stem - Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- Handlebars - Specialized Expert Shallow Drop, alloy, 125mm drop x 75mm reach
- Bar Tape - S-Wrap HD Tape, Reflective
- Brakes - Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc
- Front Wheel - Roval CL50 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 50mm depth, 21h
- Rear Wheel - Roval CL50 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 50mm depth, DT Swiss 350 internals, 24h
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8050, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8050, GS medium cage
- Chainset - Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- Cassette - Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-speed, 11-30t
- Front Tyre - S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- Rear Tyre - S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- Saddle - Toupé Pro, Body Geometry shape, 143mm width, carbon rails
- Seatpost - S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset
Not The Bike For You?
Road Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 2 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.